~32” 1440 Triple Displays for Sim Racing

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
noobsimbot

~32” 1440 Triple Displays for Sim Racing

Post by noobsimbot » 02 Jun 2021, 16:02

I’m new to both sim racing AND this amazing world of display geekery and I’m looking for some advice from the experts here on what I should be looking for in a display. I’m kinda surprised that there’s not much in the way of sim racing discussion here.

The general (but not unanimous) consensus is that triple 32” 1440 displays is the ideal setup for sim racing at the moment. The next level of recommendation is that you should get the highest Hz possible. The community seems split on flat or curved.

As I’m discovering, even within these parameters there’s a wide range of quality and performance, which is fascinating.

I was originally set on Samsung Odyssey G7 but now I am leaning toward Acer XB323U, based on my research here.

The displays will be used 99.9% sim racing. The remaining 0.1% will be for downloading/setting up sim racing software. No normal desktop usage.

Any other models, releases in the near future, and/or things I should consider?

noobsimbot

Re: ~32” 1440 Triple Displays for Sim Racing

Post by noobsimbot » 13 Jul 2021, 01:58

Seems like this kind of post doesn’t get much traction here. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently leaning toward 3x Acer XB323U GX.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 13 Jul 2021, 11:01

I don't think many people have that setup, so that explains why no one can recommend anything specific to that. I don't have such setup either.

However, I do play racing games (not sims though, but still) and I consider VRR vital. Tearing is especially bad for me in racing games, but so is input lag. Steering lag annoys me, With VRR I avoid both. So it would be worth investigating whether freesync or native g-sync (meaning not "g-sync compatible" but just "g-sync") is better with triple screens.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

noobsimbot

Post by noobsimbot » 13 Jul 2021, 16:39

Thanks for the reply!

I would figure that the simracing community would have a sharp point of view in displays/display technology, but it doesn’t really seem like that’s the case.

A lot of people seem to think that Freesync/G-Sync creates worse performance… and an equal amount think it creates better performance.

32” + 1440 + True G-Sync makes for a very small list of options!

I haven’t been a PC gamer in like 21 years so it’s all new to me. Computer is still a few weeks from delivery so I have time to research.

Iamtheguy

Post by Iamtheguy » 14 Jul 2021, 06:42

You could also explore the option of a VR headset. They have much improved refresh rate nowadays.