My monitor is Predator 273U GX 1440p 240Hz and I am having this issue with purple line in the Edge browser.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Baumdvart

My monitor is Predator 273U GX 1440p 240Hz and I am having this issue with purple line in the Edge browser.

Post by Baumdvart » 18 Jun 2021, 17:10

The thing is this only happens on the Edge browser combined with this Predator monitor. If I use my laptop monitor there is no issue at all. Another weird happening is when I'm watching Youtube video on Edge with this monitor, some of the colors turn grey or "off". I am not seeing this issue with Chrome browser. I am not too knowledgeable about monitors and would like some opinion why this is happening.
In the first image the purple line starts with "the".
In the second image the purple line starts with "would".
Attachments
20210618_172256.jpg
20210618_172256.jpg (5.77 MiB) Viewed 752 times
20210618_172027.jpg
20210618_172027.jpg (5.97 MiB) Viewed 752 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: My monitor is Predator 273U GX 1440p 240Hz and I am having this issue with purple line in the Edge browser.

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Jun 2021, 18:11

This is usually a ClearType tuning issue combined with Sharpness.

1. First, go into your monitor menus, and adjust Sharpness down to a neutral setting.
2. Next, search "adjust cleartype" in the Windows Search Box next to your Start button at bottom-right.
3. Run the app that shows up.

It's the ClearType Tuning wizard, which will adjust/fix some color fringing of your text.

Once you're done with that, adjust Edge options by copying and pasting this URL into your Edge browser:

Code: Select all

edge://flags#edge-enhance-text-contrast
Try both settings.

Now, if the purple fog between letters still remain, there may be other problem. But it's often an interaction with two mis-adjusted settings (Windows ClearType + Monitor OSD Sharpness) that sometimes generate color fog between letters. The sharpness adjustment in monitor menus can blends the color-fringing of ClearType to the whitespace between adjacent letters, creating a color-tinted fog that appears.

Occasionally and very rarely, this can also be caused by misadjusted LCD inversion (fine chessboard texture artifacts appearing in solid colors), that is interacting with text. Check Lagom Inversion to see if there's really dramatic purple/green colors or super-nasty flicker suddenly flashing in those grey patterns. A minor amount is normal for most panels. Imbalances in the normal voltage inversion algorithm would have to be unusually strong for it to begin artifacting ordinary text in this fashion. Try the other fixes first.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!