AOC CU34G2 ultrawide 4k downscaling

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
DummyThicc

AOC CU34G2 ultrawide 4k downscaling

Post by DummyThicc » 23 Jun 2021, 10:27

Hello everyone. I originally had purchased an AOC Agon ag322qw 1440p 144hz monitor in 2019. It was great for what I needed with PC games. It also had the ability to allow my ps4 pro to be connected via HDMI and select the 4K resolutions. The monitor itself would downscale the image to 2K, giving me a very fluid and crisp game image. I loved it. Unfortunately it recently presented with a factory defect common to that line of monitors that cause horizontal black lines to randomly appear across the screen and obstruct any input. I went through an RMA and they sent me an AOC CQ32G2. Beside the fact that it had sever backlight bleeding present, it also lacked many features the previous model had. Namely to 4k downscaling. It only allowed my ps4 pro to run at 1080p unfortunately. It looks terrible.

I have, yet again processed a second RMA and they have now opted to send me an AOC CU34G2 ultrawide monitor. I'm not here to discuss the negatives of ultrawide monitors and video game consoles. My main use for the monitor is PC gaming. I simply want to know if anyone here has had personal experience with trying to get that monitor to accept a 4K signal and downscale it to 2K like my original model did. Any help would be greatly appreciated!