Best competitive gaming monitor for Xbox series X/S (call of duty)

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Best competitive gaming monitor for Xbox series X/S (call of duty)

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 22 Mar 2023, 23:34

badrisuper wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 07:59
I have ordered this monitor today. Its dedicated for Xbox Series X gaming. I mostly play competitive gaming. Could you please point me to optimal display configuration for FPS games at 120HZ?
There are two optical configs, since 120Hz console mode are factory precalibrated modes

VRR enabled instead of PureXP -- set overdrive to maximum,
PureXP enabled instead of VRR -- use the stock PureXP modes, "Normal" and "Extreme" are the most common settings

For solo gameplay, if you want motion blur reduction for 60fps, you may need to intentionally reduce your refresh rate to 60Hz to get single strobe 60Hz (avoid the double image effects).

Now, if you want to push things and want to calibrate beyond factory specs, you will need to borrow a PC, use Strobe Utility, and recalibrate 120Hz (stock) for PureXP Custom. But do that after a 100-hour break in period, since LCD GtG stabilizes after a break in period.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

nzfernan

Post by nzfernan » 26 Mar 2023, 14:41

badrisuper wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 07:59
Hi

I have ordered this monitor today. Its dedicated for Xbox Series X gaming. I mostly play competitive gaming. Could you please point me to optimal display configuration for FPS games at 120HZ?

Thanks
Badri M
I play a bit of cod but mostly rainbow six siege. For 120hz I am currently using Strobe pulse 35/Strobe pulse phase 1/Overdrive gain 18. This seems to provide me the best balance of responsiveness and clarity. You may need to tweak values a bit for your specific panel and application. R6 is a tactical shooter so it could differ for a game such as apex legends or fortnite with faster movement.

badrisuper

Post by badrisuper » 07 Apr 2023, 08:59

Hi

I couldnt get xg2431 model due to less supply. But I managed to get xl2566k. Its very good monitor. Before I was using xg270 and asus pg27uq. XG270 is very good but its too dark to pin point an enemy. Asus is also good and I mostly use it for console gaming (xbox x) but not better than XG270. Zowie is brighter and clearer better than XG270.

Thanks
Badri M