I need help!

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
CortexFPS

I need help!

Post by CortexFPS » 01 Jul 2021, 04:27

Hi guys I need your help!

Foreword: I own an Alienware AW2721D 1440p 240hz with G-sync ultimate, also compatible with Free Sync. I had an RTX 2070 Super, which I used with G-sync active. Now I bought a new video card (rx 6900 xt), uninstalled the nvidia drivers with DDU and installed the new AMD drivers.

Now the problem is, if for example on Valorant or Overwatch I leave the frame rate unlimited, with VRR disabled, the game stutters a lot making it unplayable, as if in reality the G-sync module ultimate even after the GPU change and the uninstallation of the drivers nvidia was still "active". In fact, if I go to the OSD menu of the monitor, it says "G Sync Mode", both with VRR disabled and enabled.
In the same way, if instead I cap for example at 235 with RTSS and activate the VRR, the problem of stuttering disappears, even if when I turn the view I still have some blur with the frames that rise up to exceed the refresh rate, which is very strange. because with the Nvidia gpu, RTSS was really accurate.
I also tried to mount the Nvidia GPU again, reinstall the drivers with the help of DDU, and disable the gsync from the Nvidia control panel, and indeed the osd menu had changed to "mode: normal", but as soon as I put the gpu amd i had this problem again. I also tried to change the DisplayPort Vesa cable.
If this can help I also have another alienware AW2521H 360hz with g sync module, with this I have no problem, both with unlimited frame rate and with VRR, and in the osd menu on info I have "mode: normal"

Thanks in advance guys, I can't find the solution
In use: 27GR95QE-B | XG2431
Used before: PG248QP | XL2566K | XL2546K/S | XV252QF | AW2521H | VG259QM | PG279QM | AW2721D
Mouse: OP1 8K | Zaunkoenig M2K
Keyboard: Wooting 60HE
PC: 5800x3D; RTX 3080