Asus RoG Strix XG27AQM

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
TeKamine

Re: Asus RoG Strix XG27AQM

Post by TeKamine » 01 Oct 2021, 06:25

Anyone that might help me ?
Thanks

Discorz
VIP Member

Post by Discorz » 01 Oct 2021, 07:13

TeKamine wrote:
27 Sep 2021, 03:12
Use default Racing Mode and manually configure RGB colors for correction. Don't use HDR400.
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup

dz520

Post by dz520 » 02 Oct 2021, 04:01

Just got this monitor last week and I'm loving it.

I tried ELMB for the first time and I can't say I'm noticing a difference in-game but it's very obvious on the UFO test.

However, is it normal that ELMB increases the brightness?
Because I've heard techtubers always complain how ELMB actually decreases brightness and that monitors become borderline unusable because how dark they get.
Yet on this monitor the complete opposite is happening and it becomes too bright for my liking.

A bit of contrast and color tweaking made it manageable though.

TeKamine

Post by TeKamine » 03 Oct 2021, 08:00

@dz520, ELMB is always decreasing brightness, what you relate is weird.
@Discorz, racing mode is fade and milky, it is hard to recalibrate everything from that mode. HDR400 is the HDR gaming/cinema from ASUS/windows 10 HDR ?
Thanks

Ch0b0

Post by Ch0b0 » 13 Oct 2021, 14:14

I noticed that I cannot select ELMB Sync in certain games like CoD:Warzone. I'm not sure why. I maintain typically over 120fps during gameplay. Is it not possible to enable ELMB Sync if adaptive sync is enabled in certain games?

dz520

Post by dz520 » 15 Oct 2021, 05:48

I've also found ELMB Sync to be spotty.
It turns OFF constantly, I enable it whether on desktop or ingame and don't pay too much attention but when I check a day or two later I'll find it disabled again.

The game runs over 200fps average and I have an RTSS limit to 260fps. Why does it keep turning off?

I'll have to pay more attention during which scenarios it turns off and report back.

liquidshadowfox

Post by liquidshadowfox » 23 Oct 2021, 06:37

elmb sync is always active for me as long as the refresh is above 80 hz. The moment you have a game with fps spikes below 80, it'll temporarily disable elmb sync.

hwanzi

Post by hwanzi » 31 Oct 2021, 16:35

hi, this is my first elmb monitor do I also enable ULMB in nvidia control panel to enable elmb sync or do I just keep it on fixed refresh?

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 01 Nov 2021, 04:08

hwanzi wrote:
31 Oct 2021, 16:35
hi, this is my first elmb monitor do I also enable ULMB in nvidia control panel to enable elmb sync or do I just keep it on fixed refresh?
I don't have an ELMB sync monitor, but my guess is you choose "G-SYNC" in the nvidia panel and then enable ELMB sync in the monitor's OSD menus.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Worraps

Post by Worraps » 27 Dec 2021, 06:44

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone else with a XG27AQM can replicate this and if it's normal or if there's a workaround. This didn't happen with my previous monitor.

So basically, I've purchased this monitor a few weeks ago and I've enabled G-Sync in the monitor OSD and globally in the NVCP for fullscreen only. All good and working as expected with V-Sync ON and games capped under 270 FPS. Not my first G-Sync capable monitor so I've done my research and how to properly enable it.

However, for competitive games like Valorant or CS:GO, I disable G-Sync on the games settings in NVCP since I feel some sort of input lag with it on so I simply want it disabled for those 2 or 3 games.

I go into NVCP and select:
Monitor Technology: Fixed Refresh
Preferred Refresh Rate: Highest Available
Vertical Sync: Use the 3D Application Setting

I do this to disable G-Sync on those specific games and by having the G-Sync Indicator ON and also by the slightly lower input lag, I can tell that the games are running without G-Sync.

However, on these specific games, ALT-TAB becomes extremely slow, screen goes black for a few seconds when ALT-Tabbing and the same again when opening the game. This happens on fullscreen mode and even on borderless.

My guess is that it is somehow changing refresh rate or something else when ALT-Tabbing, but it makes no sense since both the game and everything else non-fullscreen on the computer are running without G-Sync, so same mode. I swear I've tried every single setting possible and nothing works. The only way to get ALT-TAB to work as expected is by enabling G-Sync again on those games but as I don't want to play them with G-Sync, I've still disabled it and am trying to ignore the slow ALT-TAB.

Even worse, I use a program called DisplayFusion to make my fullscreen games not lose focus when I click on my second monitor or when I press the Windows Key, and this doesn't work on these games either, even though it works on every game with G-Sync ON.

Finally, if I disable G-Sync entirely on the NVCP, all games ALT-TAB fast with no exceptions as well. To this is a very specific situation and I don't know if it's fixable but what I can say for sure is that on my previous monitor, I always had G-Sync enabled and disabled it for a few specific games. This never affected my ALT-TAB speed.

Would like to know if this is happening to other people with the same monitor as me because if it's not, it can be Windows related.

Thanks.