Asus RoG Strix XG27AQM

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ptuga

Re: Asus RoG Strix XG27AQM

Post by ptuga » 19 May 2022, 18:21

I did profile mine, but accuracy was very good on my unit.
Soo I just use novideo_srgb to clamp the gamut. sRGB profile on the monitor is also very accurate, but besides the brightness lock u get sRGB gamma instead of gamma 2.2, looks a bit washed out.

rajkumar14

Post by rajkumar14 » 26 May 2022, 05:39

I finally got one and was wondering if anyone has experience tweaking the backlight strobe. I see the manual says there's a way to change the strobe length but no matter what I do I can't find the setting anywhere.
:| :| :| :?: :?:

Warlockuy

Post by Warlockuy » 02 Jun 2022, 13:02

Hi please check
Racing mode
R 100
V 94
A 98
Brightness and Contrast 90
What do you think?
Any improvement you who know more?
Thanks

ptuga

Post by ptuga » 18 Jun 2022, 12:45

Anyone tried 60fps lock with adaptive sync on? The refresh rate keeps jumping between 60 and 120 causing stutter. This happens with everything not just games. Even watching a 60fps video with mpv causes it.
Tried changing adaptive sync range with cru, didn't work...

phpBB [video]

This monitor needs a firmware update asap. Issue i found soo far:
- VRR doesn't work well at low frame rates (This should be a priority fix, you can't play 60fps smoothly, some games have 60fps lock)
- OD could be better tuned. OD level 4 should be equal to 12 in factory menu.
- no sRGB clamp. Srgb profile is not good, everything locked, gamma 2.2 0% black offset. Have to use software clamp like novideo_srgb.
- OSD bugs, gameplus crosshair/timer/fps counter has no OFF setting, once enabled hard to disable.
- Can take a long time to turn on. When I turn on my PC I don't even see the bios/windows loading screen.
- Profiles should save all settings, including shadowboost and OD. For example I use racing mode for desktop/casual games then I have fps mode setup with shadowboost and higher OD for comp games.

I wish display widget allowed us to change OD and enable/disable elmb.
Also make user profiles so u can link a profile with all your settings to your favorite games.

TeKamine

Post by TeKamine » 23 Jul 2022, 01:20

Hey,

Thank you for all those precious infos since that thread has opened.

I installed recently the "drivers" from Asus webpage, a zip file that I've used from the device manager where my monitor was seen as a standard Monitor plug and play, thus that Zip file had a .icm profile "Asus xxxx D6500", it got put by default and the color are now terrible...
The reds are over saturated, the sRGB is even worse than it was, it's globaly kinda cold (I have to use the "warm" preset to reblance the whites that are explosive, even at 30 brithness e.g. screenshot).
Anyway, i've deleted the profile from the windows color manager, but it statyed and I do not know which original profile I need to use instead to get back to the original colors that were a bit washed out but, at least, not eyes killing ...

Also, I was, for a year or so, in 8 bits, I've switched to 10 bits recently, and on those blur busters benchmarks, I am seeing some stutters at high speed (I didnt overclock it, it is @240hz). Is it a normal behaviour ?

Thank you guys
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2022-07-23 081435.jpg
Capture d’écran 2022-07-23 081435.jpg (130.79 KiB) Viewed 5784 times
Last edited by TeKamine on 23 Jul 2022, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

TeKamine

Post by TeKamine » 23 Jul 2022, 01:42

ptuga wrote:
18 Jun 2022, 12:45
Anyone tried 60fps lock with adaptive sync on? The refresh rate keeps jumping between 60 and 120 causing stutter. This happens with everything not just games. Even watching a 60fps video with mpv causes it.
Tried changing adaptive sync range with cru, didn't work...

phpBB [video]

This monitor needs a firmware update asap. Issue i found soo far:
- VRR doesn't work well at low frame rates (This should be a priority fix, you can't play 60fps smoothly, some games have 60fps lock)
- OD could be better tuned. OD level 4 should be equal to 12 in factory menu.
- no sRGB clamp. Srgb profile is not good, everything locked, gamma 2.2 0% black offset. Have to use software clamp like novideo_srgb.
- OSD bugs, gameplus crosshair/timer/fps counter has no OFF setting, once enabled hard to disable.
- Can take a long time to turn on. When I turn on my PC I don't even see the bios/windows loading screen.
- Profiles should save all settings, including shadowboost and OD. For example I use racing mode for desktop/casual games then I have fps mode setup with shadowboost and higher OD for comp games.

I wish display widget allowed us to change OD and enable/disable elmb.
Also make user profiles so u can link a profile with all your settings to your favorite games.
It happens to me as well without sync on, switching from 60 To 120 here : https://www.testufo.com/stutter#demo=sl ... 00&pps=720

I noticed that issue since i've installed the drivers and/or the Asus display widget, had no issues before.
Besides, some softwares were creating systemic stuttering on every test : Evga precison X and NZXT Cam softwares, I turned them off and I was green again, without any stutters... I might come from Nvidia drivers ? or chrome itself ? Hard to say ...
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2022-07-23 082226.jpg
Capture d’écran 2022-07-23 082226.jpg (158.73 KiB) Viewed 5783 times

Warlockuy

Post by Warlockuy » 23 Jul 2022, 06:08

TeKamine wrote:
23 Jul 2022, 01:20
Hey,

Thank you for all those precious infos since that thread has opened.

I installed recently the "drivers" from Asus webpage, a zip file that I've used from the device manager where my monitor was seen as a standard Monitor plug and play, thus that Zip file had a .icm profile "Asus xxxx D6500", it got put by default and the color are now terrible...
The reds are over saturated, the sRGB is even worse than it was, it's globaly kinda cold (I have to use the "warm" preset to reblance the whites that are explosive, even at 30 brithness e.g. screenshot).
Anyway, i've deleted the profile from the windows color manager, but it statyed and I do not know which original profile I need to use instead to get back to the original colors that were a bit washed out but, at least, not eyes killing ...

Also, I was, for a year or so, in 8 bits, I've switched to 10 bits recently, and on those blur busters benchmarks, I am seeing some stutters at high speed (I didnt overclock it, it is @240hz). Is it a normal behaviour ?

Thank you guys
Hello
Could you tell me the version of the Asus display widget?
Ami, the one that is supposed to be for the monitor, doesn't recognize it.
Thank you
Rafael

TeKamine

Post by TeKamine » 24 Jul 2022, 09:37

Version : Version 4.0.0.145 (windows 11), I am still fighting with colors since I've installed the drivers (while I never used them since I bought the monitor last year... Decided to on Asus webpage here : https://rog.asus.com/fr/monitors/27-to- ... _download/
To check if there were any Icc/Icm profiles available, and yes, they did included with the drivers (.icm), since then, colors are horrendous and killing my eyes ... No way to turn back, I've deleted the profile on windows but it stays as it is anyway ..
If anyone knows where to find a decent icc profile, it would be great. The reds are the most annoying ones, being super vibrant even with 40% saturation and reds @80%...
Before installing the drivers, i was on sRGB (a bit pale and coldish but alright enough..). Now the sRGB is litteraly changing yellows into mustards/oranges, reds into candy/flashy red..
Need help :D.

Thanks

TeKamine

Post by TeKamine » 25 Jul 2022, 08:22

I just picked a icc profile from the Asus XG279AQ, it is "good enough" in sRGB than the native one delivered with drivers, just in case you have the same issues with that sRGB completly messed up

Warlockuy

Post by Warlockuy » 04 Aug 2022, 06:59

Hello, could you tell me if there is an improvement in having it oc at 270? or is it better to have it at 240?
To my non-expert eye, 270 or 240 looks the same.
But I would like your expert opinion, thanks