Asus RoG Strix XG27AQM

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
TeKamine

Re: Asus RoG Strix XG27AQM

Post by TeKamine » 06 Aug 2022, 10:30

Warlockuy wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 06:59
Hello, could you tell me if there is an improvement in having it oc at 270? or is it better to have it at 240?
To my non-expert eye, 270 or 240 looks the same.
But I would like your expert opinion, thanks
I would advise you to stay on 240 hz, I've been playing on 270 for a year or so, and since i ve returned to 240, my games are way less stuttery.. I was barely perciptible, but enough to feel the difference immediatly in overdrive 2, there is some stuttering/ghosting on OD3 for some unknown reasons, my games framerates are around 170 to 320 (Battle royales, fps are changing a lot from one condition to another), ELMB and Sync off.

Warlockuy

Post by Warlockuy » 07 Aug 2022, 11:06

TeKamine wrote:
06 Aug 2022, 10:30
Warlockuy wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 06:59
Hello, could you tell me if there is an improvement in having it oc at 270? or is it better to have it at 240?
To my non-expert eye, 270 or 240 looks the same.
But I would like your expert opinion, thanks
I would advise you to stay on 240 hz, I've been playing on 270 for a year or so, and since i ve returned to 240, my games are way less stuttery.. I was barely perciptible, but enough to feel the difference immediatly in overdrive 2, there is some stuttering/ghosting on OD3 for some unknown reasons, my games framerates are around 170 to 320 (Battle royales, fps are changing a lot from one condition to another), ELMB and Sync off.
very very thanks

Anonymous316387

Post by Anonymous316387 » 11 Aug 2022, 15:24

Hi, i've tried this monitor and i very don't like it, like something is wrong with this monitor...feel so blurry in terms of motion blur even with the lastest OD, no sharpness settings and the ELMB are so bad that i can't use it because of the crosstalk...

Did you experience the same ? anyway i've return it, too much ghosting for me.

SirensOW

Post by SirensOW » 14 Aug 2022, 13:24

Anonymous316387 wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 15:24
Hi, i've tried this monitor and i very don't like it, like something is wrong with this monitor...feel so blurry in terms of motion blur even with the lastest OD, no sharpness settings and the ELMB are so bad that i can't use it because of the crosstalk...

hi, try the Acer Nitro XV272U Xbmiipruzx 27"" WQHD (2560 x 1440) Agile-Splendor IPS Monitor https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XV272U-Xbmi ... B08M6B6T1H

same specs as the XG27AQM but has a super sharpening setting in the OSD and good BFI strobing implementation, no crosstalk almost at all :)
I have owned this for over a month now, very happy with it. Coming from the Acer 1080p 390hz. Good input lag.

Anonymous316387

Post by Anonymous316387 » 15 Aug 2022, 09:52

SirensOW wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 13:24
Anonymous316387 wrote:
11 Aug 2022, 15:24

hi, try the Acer Nitro XV272U Xbmiipruzx 27"" WQHD (2560 x 1440) Agile-Splendor IPS Monitor https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XV272U-Xbmi ... B08M6B6T1H

same specs as the XG27AQM but has a super sharpening setting in the OSD and good BFI strobing implementation, no crosstalk almost at all :)
I have owned this for over a month now, very happy with it. Coming from the Acer 1080p 390hz. Good input lag.

Hi, do you have any ufo test ghosting for me please ?

in fact, the XG27AQM have the same panel like the PG279QM ( the best IPS 240hz in 1440p IPS panel ) without the G-sync module and like i said, the performance are not what i expected, in terms of sharpness but mostly on motion blur handling, so i'm pretty sure, the motion blur will be pratically the same on the Acer.

When you talk about "super sharpening" it's the simply "sharpness" option or the garb*ge option like "image enhancement" of MSI wich add TOO much sharpness ? because if it's that, i don't like this option.

tbh, i'm not a big fan of Acer product, i've already test an Acer 165hz IPS 1440p and it's a "meh" literally.

i just think i'm end here with IPS and go back with TN panel.

In fact, i really don't like strobing stuff due to the permanently crosstalk thing, even on this Acer and the XL2546K, anyway i don't like to play without G-Sync too, so i can't use strobing ( and it's cause me headache xD ) so i'm literally not compatible with strobing stuff.

I just wanted a panel who simply have the lowest ghosting just with overdrive trick ( like....TN panel XD )

i'm a big player of Apex Legends and i have the horrible MSI MAG274QRF-QD 1440p "Fast-IPS" 165hz and i can tell you that with this panel you can't do anything on the game, on the OD 3 you see a lot of reverse ghosting it's horrible and on the second OD settings you just see motion blur constantly....and the brightness it's ridiculous, i'm forced too put the contrast over 70 ( so the panel white crushed so many things ) to see correctly, so frustrating.

i've play literally 3 years with 240hz TN panel ( with the Alienware AW2518HF ) and i've wanted to test some IPS because some people say that IPS is now better than TN for the motion blur or pratically the same but...it's false ( with strobing...yes...but without it's clearly not ), even pro players who have tested 360hz IPS don't care and go back on Zowie TN 240hz ( without playing with DyAc ) simply because in GtG performance/ghosting handling with only OD settings TN is the only type of panel wich have the lowest ghosting.

Anyway i will test the MSI Oculux NXG253R in one week ( i think it's the good reference but i'm not sure ) 360hz "Fast-IPS" to see if IPS can have the same performance to TN, but if i'm correct, so IPS need more hertz to perform the same than TN.

liquidshadowfox

Post by liquidshadowfox » 25 Sep 2022, 22:59

rajkumar14 wrote:
26 May 2022, 05:39
I finally got one and was wondering if anyone has experience tweaking the backlight strobe. I see the manual says there's a way to change the strobe length but no matter what I do I can't find the setting anywhere.
:| :| :| :?: :?:
Yea I contacted Asus about that and they said it was a mistake on their part....

I think we need to file a complaint because I am very disappointed in this displays ELMB sync implementation vs the Gigabyte m27 X (the QHD 240 hz monitor) that my wife has, it works WAY better, no studder and you can actually change the overdrive WHILE the backlight strobing + VRR is enabled.... Super sad that they didn't give us an option to change the strobe length or phase :( This monitor needs a software update but I don't even know if it's even an option tbh.

TeKamine

Post by TeKamine » 27 Oct 2022, 15:03

This is precisely where Asus is so good and so bad as always, in term of pure hardware, they often propose the best tier and pieces on the market, but software-wise, this is a catastropha Whatever the product (Mobo, keyboard, monitor...), if you have to handle Armory crate, it will cost you some hair to get rid of it, same with that display panel piece of junk that is a shame for such a pricey monitor ...
But the worst comes often with their products follow up, once the hardware is "outdated" and i mean by "outdated" a year or so, it's getting abandoned to death, and we, customers, have to either find a kind and generous soul able to improve the software or the monitor (it asks quite some knowledge), or doing it yourself ...
My motherboards (Z490 maximus formula and extreme) were never updated anymore when the Z590 got out, same story for the latter when the Z690 got out ... and so on. The official driver pages is completely outdated, as much as intel ME firmware ... I do not see the same behavior with their competitors such as MSI or gigabyte for instance, that keeps following a product, even 3 years after.
Now, I am strictly relying on the Asus forum, where a gentleman is updating the drivers himself and posting them on different threads ... That guy should be hired asap by Asus, but... No. Let's buy the newest model if you wanna get the latest firmware and the best options possible, isn't it why they release so many products every year after all ? Shame for such a good brand.

I am stuck with an ICC profile made by myself, still terrible in sRGB, it's either too warm and bright, or too vibrant and and dark, I just can not find a middle, there are problems with reds for sure ...

Randallel

Post by Randallel » 11 Dec 2022, 14:23

Random question, but is anyone else's XG27AQM display turn on/off when launching the Netflix app? Not sure if it's due to Nvidia DSC or not.

ptuga

Post by ptuga » 12 Dec 2022, 13:33

Randallel wrote:
11 Dec 2022, 14:23
Random question, but is anyone else's XG27AQM display turn on/off when launching the Netflix app? Not sure if it's due to Nvidia DSC or not.
It's hdcp. Not only netflix, anything that triggers hdcp can cause it. It's not only on xg27aqm either, my lg 27gl850 did the same. But only with gsync on.

Jackal

Post by Jackal » 05 Jan 2023, 21:46

I just got this monitor and it's really great- one weird issue I am having is every once in awhile, I'll get a mouse "stutter" out of nowhere (the mouse sticks in place for half a second then moves to where I intended). I'll usually notice this on my desktop moving the mouse or in a browser. It's seemingly random, but sometimes I can get it to happen when I exit the OSD menu or turn the monitor on and start moving the mouse. I've never had a gsync-enabled monitor before-can that cause this? I've looked all over the internet and can't seem to find anything like this on any monitor, ever. I know it isn't my system because it never happened prior to installing this monitor and all my system monitoring tools and event viewer show nothing happening in Windows. Any insight? I'll give more info, if needed. Thanks.

EDIT: After extensive testing, it looks like a previously unproblematic USB hub may have actually been the cause. No issues in about a week. I hope it continues.