ViewSonic XG271QG

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
KazaguL

ViewSonic XG271QG

Post by KazaguL » 30 Jul 2021, 05:05

Hello

Do you know if Blur Busters are going to tune the xg271CG as well? And if so will it be available in Europe?

Gwyndael

Re: ViewSonic XG271QG

Post by Gwyndael » 31 Jul 2021, 19:49

Latest I heard from ViewSonic a few days ago, the XG271QG will be "coming in September" (release dates subject to change pending logistics) - including Europe.

In regards to BB tuning it, I can't answer that. I've not seen Chief make mention of it anywhere; there's nothing on the product page about BB certification; and it wasn't listed in the BB Version 2.0 Approve Certification press release back in April - although it did mention the following:
"As of April 2021, three manufacturers have now booked seven models of high refresh rate displays (over the next 12 to 24 months) for services relating to certification under Blur Busters Approved 2.0."

"ViewSonic XG2431 is the first monitor to pass the rigorous testing thresholds of Blur Busters Approved 2.0."
However, with the release date so close, I would have thought we'd have heard by now if the XG271QG is one of those models.

When I asked the ViewSonic rep how the XG271QG stand up to the XG270 and XG2431 in terms of minimising motion blur, I got the following answer:
"As the XG271QG is yet to be released I’m uncertain, though I would assume it will be a high quality monitor given the feature set and that being the intention of the ELITE Series."
I'm interested to hear more about it. With the news that the XG2431 isn't going to be available in the UK, I'm currently at a loss with what to get, and anything with a BB Approved 2.0 cert would be a huge selling point for me.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: ViewSonic XG271QG

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 31 Jul 2021, 20:34

G suffixes imply NVIDIA native G-SYNC chip.

XG271QG is NVIDIA G-SYNC chipped as I understand it. While I rarely comment which monitors I am working on (NDA, NDA, NDA!) because of that factor, I can safely say it is not one of the monitors I am currently working on. Since NVIDIA's own G-SYNC chip (native) = automatically means I'm not the one tuning its blur reduction mode. ULMB is always tuned by NVIDIA.

Native G-SYNC chips always can only get NVIDIA's very own ULMB. While ULMB is fantastic, NVIDIA ULMB does not meet the necessary criteria for Blur Busters Approved:

- Does not officially support any-Hz strobing at any signal timings, resolution, refresh rate (Without hacks)
- Does not support single-strobe 60 Hz (Without hacks)
- Does not support "Blur Busters Industry Standard Strobe Tuning Commands" for future support for Strobe Utility

NVIDIA would have to reach out to me to partner on a ULMB 2.0 that supports Blur Busters Approved 2.0 criteria.
Then I may be able to team up with NVIDIA to award Blur Busters Approved to ULMB 2.0 displays

Until NVIDIA fixes ULMB to make ULMB more flexible -- currently ULMB cannot certify for Blur Busters Approved (yet).

NVIDIA is generally a fantastic in having helped make Blur Busters more popular (LightBoost and G-SYNC fame) but sometimes I personally definitely have to line-item critique them on the lacklusture ULMB flexibility.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!