Looking for XL2730 upgrade

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Roki

Looking for XL2730 upgrade

Post by Roki » 25 Aug 2021, 11:47

Hey guys, I am considering upgrading my now almost 4-year-old BenQ ZOWIE XL2730 144Hz TN Monitor.

Now the monitor still works perfectly fine it has some minor issues line a small bright bar on certain gray images, but that does not bother me really.
The main reason for wanting an upgrade is the color. Now I have bought a 144hz IPS monitor (the s2721GDF) for my dorm room and I really like the color better than on my TN one.
So yeah, this is my main reason for searching for an upgrade.
One monitor I am looking at specifically is the Samsung G7 27inch. Now I know that the panel had/has some issue but as far as I know the major ones are supposed to be fixed, an added bonus is also that it's on sale right now for around 470€.
But before I buy it, I would like to hear some opinions from you guys. Is the G7 really as fast/faster as my old TN one? While also having a comparable image quality to the above-mentioned IPS one ?(since the IPS to my knowledge has a wider dci-p3 coverage). Most reviews on Rtings and YT say that it should be, but I have read some conflicting stories on Reddit and I think even on this page that state that the g7 is slower and has more motion blur than my older TN one.

BTW: Sorry for the subpar English, it's not my first language.