ASUS XG27AQM or XG27AQ

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
pinkfloyd

ASUS XG27AQM or XG27AQ

Post by pinkfloyd » 09 Sep 2021, 19:35

Hey guys need some advice from you pros on here. I just picked up the XG27AQM from MicroCenter here in Cali. Montior is pretty awesome if you ask me, great colors etc,etc. I have a strix rtx 3080ti so have no issues pushing frames on pc. Now here is the help I need, I also play on ps5 and I have noticed that on this monitor when using the ps5 there is alot of overshoot/ghosting. I mainly play BF4/BF5, both on pc and ps5.

The weird thing is if I play bf4 on the ps5 I do not see the ghosting/overshoot, now when I play BFV then you can see it very clearly? I have played around with the settings on the XG27AQM and have tried all the OD settings, at the monment I use OD 1.

So I am wondering maybe this is happening because the monitor is a very high RFR monitor 270HZ, compared to the XG27AQ??

I am no esports gamer, I do enjoy my gaming but I want to enjoy both my pc and ps5?

I see that both monitors use the same exact panel, other than the RFR. So since there is really no vids on the XG27AQM other then the 2 that I have seen, but no actual testing on them.

So what advice would you give me on ethier keeping this monitor or going for the XG27AQ??

Thanks in advance guys.