Viewsonic XG2703-GS horizontal lines all over the display

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
thegreenmile

Viewsonic XG2703-GS horizontal lines all over the display

Post by thegreenmile » 17 Sep 2021, 21:20

Hello members of Blurbusters. I have a viewsonic xg2703-GS monitor that has seen quite a few years of usage. It's one of those monitors, 27inch with 144hz and 1440p. This one offers G-Sync as well. Due to unknown reason, a couple of weeks ago, horizontal lines started to appear on the screen. After testing singled out the problem to be the monitor itself and not my GPU or display cable. I'm typing this on that same system with a spare monitor.
It's almost a year after my warranty has expired so when I contacted Viewsonic all they can do was looking up the parts numbers for my specific monitor so I can order replacements. I've looked at repair shops in my location and none does pcb repairs. All they offer is parts replacement which I can safely say I can do that myself.
For reasons above, I've come to you for help. Have anyone seen this problem before? Do you think someone who has no knowledge of electronics repair can fix it (me).
(I have included 3 shrunk down in size pictures in the attachment. But I have more pictures of the pcb so I had them hosted on a free img host website and embed them as BBcode. I'm new to this forum, this is my first topic. If I have trespassed any of the forum policy regarding attachments or embedding images then I'm very sorry about it.)

Attachments
IMG20210914084645-min.jpg
IMG20210914084645-min.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 1295 times
No-displaycable2-min.jpg
No-displaycable2-min.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 1295 times
HDMI1-min.jpg
HDMI1-min.jpg (2.38 MiB) Viewed 1295 times