no smooth 240hz screen CS:GO

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
x1jee

no smooth 240hz screen CS:GO

Post by x1jee » 18 Sep 2021, 16:52

Hello,

At the very beginning I would like to apologize for the errors in English.

So as I wrote above I am aggravated with the lack of a smooth screen despite a high FPS count and a 240hz monitor. More specifically, the screen crashes and the screen doesn't even try to be smooth.

PC:

I5 8400

MSI GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB GDDR5

HyperX Fury DDR4 8GB 2666 CL16

ZOWIE S2 DIVINA PINK

Monitor:

Acer KG251Q 240HZ

Cable: Dispalport 1.2

Launch Options:

-refresh 240/-freq 240 -tickrate 128 -novid

The monitor cable was changed unfortunately the problem with lack of smooth screen also occurred on 144hz. So my bet is on the ram memory or the graphics card. I just do not know how to check what is not working properly. Anyone encountered this problem? I'm struggling for a very long time and unfortunately can't play with pleasure.

Updated drivers!

I'll upload the nvidi settings in a moment

Could the problem lie with memory?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: no smooth 240hz screen CS:GO

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 18 Sep 2021, 18:21

Not memory.

Attempting to simplify my writings for reliable Google Translate.

For smooth motion:

1. Enable G-SYNC Compatible
2. Use VSYNC ON in NVIDIA Control Panel
3. Use VSYNC OFF in CS:GO settings
4. Set frame rate cap of 237 in CS:GO to avoid G-SYNC lag
5. Fix the settings of your computer mouse, or upgrade computer mouse, as mouse adds stutter.
Set computer mouse to 1000 Hz.
Plug computer mouse into fastest USB port.
Don’t share the USB port.
No USB hubs.
Good computer mouse can do turn left-right as smooth as keyboard strafe left-right.
Computer mouse is usually a bigger problem for stuttera.

You will get far smoother CS:GO at the lowest possible lag for operating without tearing and without atuttering.

Only pure VSYNC OFF has less lag. But pure VSYNC OFF has more stutters than G-SYNC.

Temporarily run only one monitor.
Do not mix two monitors, 60Hz and 240Hz.
Unless 240Hz is primary and full screen exclusive.
Monitors can interfere each other’s stutter.

Hope this translates okay.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

x1jee

Post by x1jee » 19 Sep 2021, 12:13

Hello,

Mouse under the correct port. Also, I tried changing the mouse to a different one. I did as you wrote above and the screen blurs when moving. Is there any way to fix this?

TwentyFoe

Post by TwentyFoe » 20 Sep 2021, 03:27

x1jee wrote:
19 Sep 2021, 12:13
Hello,

Mouse under the correct port. Also, I tried changing the mouse to a different one. I did as you wrote above and the screen blurs when moving. Is there any way to fix this?
You're welcome.