dead acer predator monitor.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
FoxLikeMad

dead acer predator monitor.

Post by FoxLikeMad » 26 Sep 2021, 06:17

so before it died it was very thermaly sensitive. like if i had the ac going in the summer(i do like it abit colder...) or in the winter the monitor was nearly unusable... looked like the screen had been damaged because from the bottom up you would get lines that would dance up and down the screen. as the monitor warmed up(sometimes i would use external heat sources like a candle or four nearish it) but without help it would take upwards of an hour and a half to warm up and be a fully working monitor again. as time went on this got worse until at its worst it would take 3+ hours to wake up... then one day it wouldnt wake up at all. i have tried different display ports as well as a different gpu. the one display port on the monitor seems to be the offender. the hdmi works fine and the monitor is back up and showing but this monitor is junk on the hdmi... it hasnt been mistreated at all(no impacts no jerks on the cables nor has it been moved any to jostle the cables any.) i was hella dumb and had bought a stupidly expensive monitor and now its a highly exspensive paperweight... is there anything i can do to try and fix it?