Looking for fast "TV"

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
cizeta

Looking for fast "TV"

Post by cizeta » 05 Oct 2021, 04:01

Hi, I'm trying to decide on a display for a future apartment living room. I could not care less about "smart" TV features. So, the new large format monitor market is very enticing.
However, the more research I do, the more complex things are. Though the gaps are narrowing faster these days, every display is such a compromise! Oh how I long for the days of CRT when displays with the best picture quality just happened to be the fastest. :roll:

My priorities are:
1. 40"+ size
2. Eye comfort
3. Low black levels
4. Low response time / good MBR
5. Overall color quality
6. Low input lag

Given that, the first choice would obviously seem to be a LG OLED. However, OLEDs of any flavor give me minor headaches or eye fatigue, even when they don't have PWM flicker. While I've found some contemporaries on this forum and elsewhere who share the issue, it seems I'm largely in a minority.

So, this lands me on the Gigabyte Aorus FV43U. Yes, the response times are laughable compared to OLED, but it seems like the best balance of what I'm looking for.

Any other display suggestions?