Balance between gaming and color

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Photonic

Balance between gaming and color

Post by Photonic » 09 Oct 2021, 01:21

I will try to make it quick and informative.

I am looking for a good balance between 240hz for gaming and color accuracy. I have been doing a fair amount of research, and there are so many options in the 1080p space. Everyone everywhere points to you all. So, please, I am asking for help. What is the ideal monitor for these specifications?

Ideal Specifications:
  • 240hz or higher
  • IPS
  • Good color range/gamut (I have a hardware color calibrator and can create my own profile if needed)
  • 1080p
  • ~24-25inch
  • HDR is a nice bonus, even 400
  • VESA Mount compatibility
  • Will mostly be used for general FPS gaming and 3d/2d development (I work in the games industry)
Current hardware (that I believe matters):
  • I9 9900k
  • RTX 2080 (will be upgraded when the chip shortage ends... yeah)
I am upgrading from a PB278Q, an old Asus 27inch 1440p that is 60hz with okay color. The color was good at the time; I am okay with losing some color, but I really don't want to massively suffer. I am totally okay with losing the pixels and size. My plan is to eventually get a 4k 120hz as a secondary when I finally get to upgrade my graphics card. That is a much easier choice, as there are FAR less options at the moment.

I would be happy to provide any other information you request.