XL2546K owner needing an upgrade.

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Keemz

Re: XL2546K owner needing an upgrade.

Post by Keemz » 14 Oct 2021, 15:30

I've tried reading the thread, The only thing I can seem to access on the XL2546K is the factory menu, Service menu doesn't seem to work unless I enter it some other way.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 14 Oct 2021, 17:54

Usually it's holding down button 4 while pressing the power button then pressing the button by itself later.

How did you get into the factory menu? You held two buttons down, right?
That same colored factory menu is on my old XL2720Z (with like one less setting shown in there), and the same combination unlocks it.
So what combination did you do?

All the Benq monitors should have the same codes (the ones with microstick joysticks are a bit different, they exist there but I can't help with that, someone else posted about the joystick ones before).

Usually holding buttons 3+4 while pressing the power button to power on unlocks the factory menu (the ones you are in).
Holding button 4 + power unlocks the service menu (the menu with the strobe options, DVI/HDMI HPD/Internet Cafe clear settings, etc).

Keemz

Post by Keemz » 16 Oct 2021, 02:31

Falkentyne wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 17:54
Usually it's holding down button 4 while pressing the power button then pressing the button by itself later.

That same colored factory menu is on my old XL2720Z (with like one less setting shown in there), and the same combination unlocks it.

All the Benq monitors should have the same codes (the ones with microstick joysticks are a bit different, they exist there but I can't help with that, someone else posted about the joystick ones before).

Usually holding buttons 3+4 while pressing the power button to power on unlocks the factory menu (the ones you are in).
Holding button 4 + power unlocks the service menu (the menu with the strobe options, DVI/HDMI HPD/Internet Cafe clear settings, etc).

To get into the factory menu I powered the monitor off, Held down button 3 which is the multi-button/joystick for a few seconds, then clicked the power button, waited until it turned on then pressed button 3 (joystick) again, and the factory menu opens up.

As for the service menu, There seems to be only 4 buttons on the monitor, 1st one is for input, 2nd is to change the picture mode, 3rd is the joystick and 4th is the power.

I tried looking for the joystick code you mentioned but cant find it anywhere, I'll email benq and ask them if they can provide it.

I'd also like to add to your last question, changing to 180hz within windows under display goes to out of range too with those CRU settings you gave me.

arcstar

Post by arcstar » 17 Oct 2021, 09:37

Hi there, I'm having the same issue, the settings for 180hz unfortunately do not work on my XL2546k. I'd love to try a good 180hz setting on this monitor for more demanding games.

@Keemz have you tried using AMA premium + Dyac Premium, gives me a better picture than AMA high. I only use AMA high when I turn off Dyac.

Keemz

Post by Keemz » 18 Oct 2021, 11:26

Falkentyne wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 17:54

Sadly BENQ wont share it.

"I hope this email finds you well. Our technical team have informed me that unfortunately, we are not able to share the service menu with customers."

@Arcstar

I have tried AMA premium + DyAc premium, And I think AMA premium adds way more overshoot than high, not useable at all for me on Overwatch at high sens widowmaker, which is the only game I play.

Nm_kng

Post by Nm_kng » 24 Oct 2021, 11:00

Ziehesh wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 14:33
Pg 259 and vg259 are more blurred than xl 2546k dyac off. In your case, everything seems blurry to you because you are used to dyac. You are used to dyac so everything is blurry without it
Maybee u have bad panel? Xl2546k Best tn panel without dyac

Sorry for my eng im Russlan
Hp Omen X25 is way better than XL2546K, the XL2546K can’t even compete with Aorus KD25F
VG259QM (MAIN) | XL2546K | Aorus KD25F