Asus PG259QN issue with GTX 970

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Ronaldo

Asus PG259QN issue with GTX 970

Post by Ronaldo » 15 Oct 2021, 21:02

Hello everybody!

I bought this monitor two weeks ago. My video card is a geforce gtx 970 Gigabyte and the highest frequency listed in Windows using the DP cable is 300hz / 8 bits / Color Format YCbCr422 / SDR. My cpu is an i7 4790k and my motherboard is an MSI Z97-G45 Gaming.

It works perfectly on CS GO with G Sync enabled. I felt a big difference in fluidity for my old Benq XL2430T 144hz.
However, I tested it on Age Of Empires 2 DE and Dota 2 and had a common problem for these two games. When watching the matches in spectator mode I notice the same fluidity that I felt in CS GO, however, when playing a competitive match the experience is terrible. The game is not fluid as spectating games, it's like I'm playing at 60hz. Very strange. I tested several configurations like selecting 240hz and 144hz mode in Windows, turning off G Sync, using HDMI cable in several ports, enabling ULMB, enabling V Sync, using DP cable in several ports, etc. I performed several configurations but none of them solved my problem. I'm thinking about buying an RTX 3060 ti video card to solve this issue but I would like to know if the problem may be in the monitor because I have a 10-day warranty left to be able to exchange it with the retailer if it is a factory defect. Can anyone tell me if this could be an incompatibility between the monitor and my video card?

PS: I received a calibration certificate along with the product box stating Gamma = 2.2 and Color Accuracy (avg. Delta E) = 0.71. Are these good numbers? I looked in the manual about doing a calibration, but I didn't find anything. Can anyone tell me if it is necessary to calibrate the colors of this monitor?