Comparison benq xl2546k, hp omen x25, acer nitro xv252qf,msi mag251rx

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
IIISLIDEIII

Re: Comparison benq xl2546k, hp omen x25, acer nitro xv252qf,msi mag251rx

Post by IIISLIDEIII » 30 Nov 2021, 18:29

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 10:25
For gaming mice…

Use 2000Hz or 4000Hz as a sweet spot. Balance between game compatibility and smoothness.

Also try high DPI (3200) and low sensitivity when it comes to new sensors like the 3389 and 3399 in the Razer Viper 8KHz. Old games like CS:GO may go wonky (outdated imprecise mouse mathematics that only work good at 400dpi and 800dpi) but newer games like Valorant and Overwatch is super happy at 3200dpi + low sensitivity. Makes slowturns and slowaim (sniper camping, tracking aims at distant moving vehicles, etc) amazing, without sacrificing fast/flick turns. High DPI + low sensitivity is like giving your mouse some powerups and additional capabilities you didn’t know it had.

On some systems and some games, 8000Hz hogs a bit of CPU and lowers framerate a bit, so try 2000Hz or 4000Hz as a compromise. At 2000Hz you get literally 90% of the benefits of 8000Hz.
thank you, I currently use viper mini, I feel very comfortable with the handle.
I want to try to raise the dpi, how can I match with 5 of sens and 800dpi that I currently use?
planart wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 12:08
I'ma loan your thread a bit. I too have had MAG251RX, Acer XV252QF and now I've bought XL2456K from Amazon deals. (330€ shipped)

Was initially kind of underwhelmed by the monitor. That TN panel first impression is rough. Was about to return it even. Then I actually got the chance to play some more serious competitive matches with it finally today. Played the best I think I've ever played. Have to say - this monitor is still praised for a good reason. The custom display profile for CS:GO is actually very nice straight out of the box, no need to tinker with any third party stuff. High brightness + strobing really can make you subconsiously hit those crazy flicks with higher success rate. Every moving object just somehow is more well defined on this TN than with Acer 390Hz (VRB on). Acer has slight upper hand on input lag and smoothness. But I still pure motion resolution is king here. Maybe... Or then I just had a good day.
my xl2546k has been returned to amazon, for what it's worth i tell you if you are getting along well with 2546 know that omen x25 is superior, this panel really has impressive pixel transition speed and by not using strobing for me you have the advantage of not having any vertical tearing and it doesn't raise the input lag any further.

I have been alternating Omen and Acer for days, acer is more reactive, more fluid, zero tearing, it is amazing but when I go back to Omen I clearly notice greater clarity, not even with extreme strobing do you get the clarity that Omen has.

I can turn around the map and quickly jump right and left to look around and keep the background in focus constantly, with Acer this I can't do it, there is always a slight blur while I do it, they are not "monstrous" differences but quite evident....... waiting for a 360hz tn.

I recommend you to try Omen x25, you will not regret the dyac, believe me

NoiZ

Post by NoiZ » 04 Dec 2021, 11:31

Hi I'm looking to pick up a new panel and I'm curious of the hp omen x25 which many seem to recommend. I've had the 2546k zowie and it's great. But wanting to try out something new. Only play csgo and wanted to ask how it works on that game.
IIISLIDEIII wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 06:50
Notty_PT wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 21:04
I knew it!

FIrst of all let me congratulate you for this absolutely amazing thread, I love this type of content. Why? Because when it is made by people that actually play games and knows what to look for, it is awesome for us as readers. You clearly know what you are talking about and you clearly look for the same thing as me.

Now I am not surprised you had that conclusion... I have shown multiple UFO tests on this forum showing that the Acer Nitro 390hz is faaar from being a top notch choice pixel response time wise. Benq Dyac is amazing but it adds latency penalty. Omen X25 (non freesync version) is a classic TN VERY FAST panel, one of the best as I always kept repeating. And there is one even faster, Ozone DSP24 240, but the difference is not that big, so don´t bother trying it, you will be fine with Omen. Ozone is smaller tho, wich is a plus.

I will say this for the 100th time I guess, but no IPS can compete with a good TN, they simply can´t. My main monitor is IPS right now, because I got a very fast one for IPS and I got used to the much superior colours. But it is side by side with the Ozone DSP24 and if I want to go full tryhard, Ozone is the only option for me.

Similar to you, I also found Acer Nitro to be very responsive input lag wise, but the pixel response time is miles behind. And for the price, I refused to use it. I played worse with it, way worse. Couldn´t beat a single record and the trailing man.. the trailing, my eyes can´t accept trailing in 2021. All 360hz monitors have that awful trailing. They can´t keep up with the 360hz, and AUO launched 360hz on IPS simply because TN is not selling or being highly accepted as much as IPS (typical internet forums fud stuff, just like the end of superior glossy monitors and 16:10 superior aspect ratio)

Once a 360hz TN monitor drops (soon they will), no doubts we will find an even better monitor.

Once again thank you very much for this thread
I am a good player but I am not a pro, I simply play fps for passion but I like to be competitive and to be competitive I need to have a very clear panel, without trails.
I would have already chosen the benq because with dyac it is very clear but if I go down to 180-190 start to see shots really annoying screen.

Last night I did some games with acer using mbr intermediate, I had not tried yet (as you know this monitor with 2 levels of mbr, normal and extreme, I had only tried extreme), the brightness with the intermediate mbr setting is excellent but the clarity remains more or less the same as when mbr is off, the only mbr mode that makes sense to use on acer is extreme
Forgive me but when you got acer did you try to use it with intermediate mbr?

tosspek

Post by tosspek » 07 Dec 2021, 15:22

IIISLIDEIII wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 18:29
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
For gaming mice…

Use 2000Hz or 4000Hz as a sweet spot. Balance between game compatibility and smoothness.

Also try high DPI (3200) and low sensitivity when it comes to new sensors like the 3389 and 3399 in the Razer Viper 8KHz. Old games like CS:GO may go wonky (outdated imprecise mouse mathematics that only work good at 400dpi and 800dpi) but newer games like Valorant and Overwatch is super happy at 3200dpi + low sensitivity. Makes slowturns and slowaim (sniper camping, tracking aims at distant moving vehicles, etc) amazing, without sacrificing fast/flick turns. High DPI + low sensitivity is like giving your mouse some powerups and additional capabilities you didn’t know it had.

On some systems and some games, 8000Hz hogs a bit of CPU and lowers framerate a bit, so try 2000Hz or 4000Hz as a compromise. At 2000Hz you get literally 90% of the benefits of 8000Hz.
I want to try to raise the dpi, how can I match with 5 of sens and 800dpi that I currently use?
planart wrote:
I'ma loan your thread a bit. I too have had MAG251RX, Acer XV252QF and now I've bought XL2456K from Amazon deals. (330€ shipped)

Was initially kind of underwhelmed by the monitor. That TN panel first impression is rough. Was about to return it even. Then I actually got the chance to play some more serious competitive matches with it finally today. Played the best I think I've ever played. Have to say - this monitor is still praised for a good reason. The custom display profile for CS:GO is actually very nice straight out of the box, no need to tinker with any third party stuff. High brightness + strobing really can make you subconsiously hit those crazy flicks with higher success rate. Every moving object just somehow is more well defined on this TN than with Acer 390Hz (VRB on). Acer has slight upper hand on input lag and smoothness. But I still pure motion resolution is king here. Maybe... Or then I just had a good day.
my xl2546k has been returned to amazon, for what it's worth i tell you if you are getting along well with 2546 know that omen x25 is superior, this panel really has impressive pixel transition speed and by not using strobing for me you have the advantage of not having any vertical tearing and it doesn't raise the input lag any further.

I have been alternating Omen and Acer for days, acer is more reactive, more fluid, zero tearing, it is amazing but when I go back to Omen I clearly notice greater clarity, not even with extreme strobing do you get the clarity that Omen has.

I can turn around the map and quickly jump right and left to look around and keep the background in focus constantly, with Acer this I can't do it, there is always a slight blur while I do it, they are not "monstrous" differences but quite evident....... waiting for a 360hz tn.

I was really close before buying the ASUS VG258QM but I read your experiences about the Omen X25 and now ordered one on Amazon.de for 350€. I'm really excited and can't wait to test this beast! ^^

Can you tell me your best settings on the Omen X25? I play mainly Apex Legends on a PC with a 10900K and 3090.
XL2746S 1080p 240Hz TN // XG258Q 1080p 240Hz TN

IIISLIDEIII

Post by IIISLIDEIII » 07 Dec 2021, 17:58

tosspek wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 15:22
IIISLIDEIII wrote:
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
For gaming mice…

planart wrote:

I was really close before buying the ASUS VG258QM but I read your experiences about the Omen X25 and now ordered one on Amazon.de for 350€. I'm really excited and can't wait to test this beast! ^^

Can you tell me your best settings on the Omen X25? I play mainly Apex Legends on a PC with a 10900K and 3090.
excellent choice

nvidia panel's: color vibrant to 100 (maximum)
monitor osd: gamma 2.4 , black equ level 1, overdrive level 2, brightness 50

I use it without gsync and with cap at 240 but you can use it with gsync and cap at 237 if you are bothered by tearing but you add a little bit input lag.

tosspek

Post by tosspek » 11 Dec 2021, 13:44

IIISLIDEIII wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 17:58
tosspek wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 15:22
IIISLIDEIII wrote:
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
For gaming mice…

planart wrote:

excellent choice

nvidia panel's: color vibrant to 100 (maximum)
monitor osd: gamma 2.4 , black equ level 1, overdrive level 2, brightness 50

I use it without gsync and with cap at 240 but you can use it with gsync and cap at 237 if you are bothered by tearing but you add a little bit input lag.
Thanks for your answer! Today the Omen X25 arrived and I have right now set him up.

Two more question which specific color mode do you have choose in the monitor osd? (Standard, Gaming, Movie, Vivid, Warm, Cool or Low Blue Light?)

And how do you cap on 240Hz in Apex? Via Steam options or Nvidia control panel?
XL2746S 1080p 240Hz TN // XG258Q 1080p 240Hz TN

lizardpeter

Post by lizardpeter » 11 Dec 2021, 22:53

What I don’t understand is why we don’t have faster OLED monitors. If the LG C1 can do BFI, wouldn’t that mean it can do 240 Hz too? With the great pixel transition speeds of OLEDs, why can’t manufacturers just increase the refresh rate? If the pixels can transition in 1-2 ms with ease, why are they not pushing 500 Hz or more?
i9 9900k | RTX 2080 Ti | 32 GB 4x8GB B-Die 3600 MT/s CL16 | XV252QF 390 Hz 1080p | AW2518H 240 Hz 1080p | PG279Q 144 Hz 1440p

Razer Viper 8K | Artisan Zero Mid XL | Apex Pro TKL | 1 gbps FiOS (Fiber)

omnamo

Post by omnamo » 13 Dec 2021, 10:22

Guys, tell me in your opinion, to work with text and code, a browser, which monitor is better to take, I want HP Omen 25 or 27, I think right? Or would you recommend some other model?

empreus

Post by empreus » 14 Dec 2021, 01:54

Notty_PT wrote:
12 Nov 2021, 21:04
I knew it!

FIrst of all let me congratulate you for this absolutely amazing thread, I love this type of content. Why? Because when it is made by people that actually play games and knows what to look for, it is awesome for us as readers. You clearly know what you are talking about and you clearly look for the same thing as me.

Now I am not surprised you had that conclusion... I have shown multiple UFO tests on this forum showing that the Acer Nitro 390hz is faaar from being a top notch choice pixel response time wise. Benq Dyac is amazing but it adds latency penalty. Omen X25 (non freesync version) is a classic TN VERY FAST panel, one of the best as I always kept repeating. And there is one even faster, Ozone DSP24 240, but the difference is not that big, so don´t bother trying it, you will be fine with Omen. Ozone is smaller tho, wich is a plus.

I will say this for the 100th time I guess, but no IPS can compete with a good TN, they simply can´t. My main monitor is IPS right now, because I got a very fast one for IPS and I got used to the much superior colours. But it is side by side with the Ozone DSP24 and if I want to go full tryhard, Ozone is the only option for me.

Similar to you, I also found Acer Nitro to be very responsive input lag wise, but the pixel response time is miles behind. And for the price, I refused to use it. I played worse with it, way worse. Couldn´t beat a single record and the trailing man.. the trailing, my eyes can´t accept trailing in 2021. All 360hz monitors have that awful trailing. They can´t keep up with the 360hz, and AUO launched 360hz on IPS simply because TN is not selling or being highly accepted as much as IPS (typical internet forums fud stuff, just like the end of superior glossy monitors and 16:10 superior aspect ratio)

Once a 360hz TN monitor drops (soon they will), no doubts we will find an even better monitor.

Once again thank you very much for this thread
Do you have the blur buster test you ran with the Ozone DSP24 and Omen x 25? If it’s possible, do you think you can post it here or send the data in my dms? Thanks.

empreus

Post by empreus » 14 Dec 2021, 01:59

Hello. Do you think you can send me the images of the blur buster tests you did with the omen x 25 in comparison to the ozone DSP24? That would be extremely helpful.

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy » 14 Dec 2021, 19:31

Thank you for making this thread, I was choosing exactly between this 4 models

xl2546k is overpriced for TN

nitro looks better than mag251rx from what are you saying

It leaves me with nitro or x25. I would rather prefer clarity than higher refresh rate.

I have a question, will the x25f work equally good as x25? I cant really find a lot of x25 models, just x25f. Thanks!