Comparison benq xl2546k, hp omen x25, acer nitro xv252qf,msi mag251rx

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
IIISLIDEIII

Re: Comparison benq xl2546k, hp omen x25, acer nitro xv252qf,msi mag251rx

Post by IIISLIDEIII » 11 Jan 2022, 14:58

antiblur wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 11:42
I got my omen x 25. And in my opinion it is slower than the 2540k or 2546k panel (same). Sometimes it seems to me that I can see blur on the omen, with overdrive 3 (while the artifacts of the corona are noticeable), although it may be due to the terrible pixel inversion that my copy suffers from (the worst pixel inversion that I have seen), the picture loses clarity at such moments due to pixel shift. I could be wrong, and there may be blur too. On a premium ama, I almost did not see artifacts corona, on omen overdrive 3 ghosting is much more noticeable, with overdrive level 4 it is unrealistic to play, they are not only at level 2, but there the picture seems more often blurry. I saw no benefit in g-sync and I think that perhaps the "f" version is no worse, since rings tested it. Having tried Omen and 2540k-2546k I recommend exclusively the Benq. The panel is faster and the monitor is objectively better in most aspects. The Omen liked the viewing angles and the relatively good initial color setting, but the Benq easily adjusts better. Also, my copy of Omena has 2 broken pixels (one consists of dark subpixels, the other is frozen red) and maybe I had no luck with the panel. However, in tests ufo and in games, I find an advantage benq. This is the most versatile monitor for all shooters, I think that the hype bank is justified in this case.
I am sorry that you have had this result, it is quite evident that you have received an "unlucky" specimen because x25 is considered by all to be one of the best monitors on the market in terms of response times.
With od 2 on my sample there is no overshoot, unlike x2546k where the overshoot was always evident.

I still have x25 and acer xv252qf here, I have to return one of the 2 by the end of January and I still don't know which one to return, my x25 has an exceptional response time.

plshelpme

Post by plshelpme » 11 Jan 2022, 16:38

Zace wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 14:34
plshelpme wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 17:41
I just picked up the Acer 390hz. Do you recommend any settings? I main Valorant at an Immortal level but I only hit 300-450 frames depending on the situation/area of the map. Thanks! Should I be using g-sync?
Don’t use g sync. What’s your pc spec? It’ll be good to upgrade so you get 400-500fps to raise your min fps. And overdrive put it at top setting.
10900k @5.1ghz and Asus 3080

My 10900k pushes frames on other games fine, but Valorant seems to particularly favor AMD for the L3 cache

antiblur

Post by antiblur » 11 Jan 2022, 16:46

IIISLIDEIII wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 14:58

With od 2 on my sample there is no overshoot, unlike x2546k where the overshoot was always evident.

After the experience with the CRT monitor, I became sensitive to blur. Omen with overdrive 2 do not have overshoot. But at the same time, in the ufo test, the picture is the same as with the ama high. In games, I notice the 2540k-2546k advantage in response time. Omen can be indistinct where there was no benq. Ama premium has an overshoot, but I only saw it in the UFO test, in games it is unrealistic to notice it, even when I tried very hard to do it on purpose, I rarely succeeded. On an omen with overdrive 3, I see overshoot everywhere, both in games and in the ufo test. It is highly visible. At the same time, on such an overdrive, the omen is still inferior in terms of blurring the benk. Yes, the colors are clearer. In many ways, this helped me better track the bot in kovak, but in real games, it was more difficult for me to track fast opponents such as tracer or genji, sometimes it was difficult to focus on them during moments of fast animations and movements, with the panel from the benk I did not have such problems ... My copy may be unsuccessful, but I understand that even if there were no pixel inversion, 2540k-2546k would still be faster and overall more versatile and better. On the omen, I was impressed by the viewing angles and black levels compared to the benq. However, I think the omen was not just taken out of production. Yes, and the 2540k-2546k has a panel with fast crystals of 0.5 ms (overdrive), and the omen was able to declare only 1 ms. On paper, and as it turned out in reality (my experience), the benq has a faster panel.
monitors: TN ACER 1916 (75Hz)>TN ACER 1917 (75Hz)>XL2540K (240Hz)>IIYAMA MASTER VISION PRO 451 (CRT 160 Hz)>xl2546k>omen x 25>24g2zu>xv252qf

antiblur

Post by antiblur » 11 Jan 2022, 17:04

milojr21 wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 11:49
Omen x25 is supposed to be better than the f version, and the f version is faster than the zowies. Unless you absolutely need Dyac I don't see how the zowie could be considered better.
There is no objective evidence that the omen x 25 version is better than the omen x 25 f in terms of response time. Only the faith of the local community! The g-sync module generates an alternating voltage, which in theory should improve response time in the event of a frame rate change. With a stable FPS, this is the same panel. And given the fact that g-sync adds a tangible input lag (with the diac I felt it less, my mouse did not swim, with the g-sync it swims), there is no point in playing competitive shooters with it. Playing with the g-sync turned off, you get the same panel with the same capabilities as the omen x 25 f. I think the hype around this monitor is unjustified. More precisely, it was justified until faster panels from the benq appeared (sometimes it seems to me that panels from the benq are literally 2 times faster). Even if you don't need a diac, Benq is better than Omen because it is sharper and faster, and has tons of color settings that help you be a more effective player in different shooters (not just CS: GO). I can only recommend Omen to Kovak players)). Benq without diac is better in all other scenarios, I think in kovak I could adjust the colors to a similar level so that it would be easier for me to track. Once again, in the Kovak on the omen it was easier for me to track only because of the colors, but I saw the bot blur sometimes with fast mouse movements, which I did not see on the panel from the benq, even with the diac turned off. If you do not need strobing, take 2540k. This will be better than the Omen in most scenarios, except perhaps scrolling text. If you are looking for a monitor to scroll the text up and down, then definitely choose the omen, just don't turn on overdrive 3 because you will get the same text problems as on the benq :lol: .
monitors: TN ACER 1916 (75Hz)>TN ACER 1917 (75Hz)>XL2540K (240Hz)>IIYAMA MASTER VISION PRO 451 (CRT 160 Hz)>xl2546k>omen x 25>24g2zu>xv252qf

antiblur

Post by antiblur » 11 Jan 2022, 17:20

I have no direct comparison and there is an option that my memory is deceiving me. But I got an omen x 25, a week later I passed 2546k, which I used for more than a month every day (many hours of work, many hours of shooters, many tests). I find it hard to believe that memory is deceiving. Even in the pictures of the UFO test from the slide, I do not see a big difference in the UFO test. Maybe in his screenshots in the UFO test, the omen (a successful copy) is extremely slightly better, in my case, in the UFO test, the panels from the benq were slightly better in both cases. But in games, the benq had an undeniable advantage in terms of clarity, even with the diac turned off and i didnt have overshoot.

Zace

Post by Zace » 11 Jan 2022, 20:50

plshelpme wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 16:38
Zace wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 14:34
plshelpme wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 17:41
I just picked up the Acer 390hz. Do you recommend any settings? I main Valorant at an Immortal level but I only hit 300-450 frames depending on the situation/area of the map. Thanks! Should I be using g-sync?
Don’t use g sync. What’s your pc spec? It’ll be good to upgrade so you get 400-500fps to raise your min fps. And overdrive put it at top setting.
10900k @5.1ghz and Asus 3080

My 10900k pushes frames on other games fine, but Valorant seems to particularly favor AMD for the L3 cache
Yea I got 5800x and am getting 400-500 fps and quite consistently too.

IIISLIDEIII

Post by IIISLIDEIII » 12 Jan 2022, 09:01

antiblur wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 16:46
IIISLIDEIII wrote:
11 Jan 2022, 14:58

After the experience with the CRT monitor, I became sensitive to blur. Omen with overdrive 2 do not have overshoot. But at the same time, in the ufo test, the picture is the same as with the ama high. In games, I notice the 2540k-2546k advantage in response time. Omen can be indistinct where there was no benq. Ama premium has an overshoot, but I only saw it in the UFO test, in games it is unrealistic to notice it, even when I tried very hard to do it on purpose, I rarely succeeded. On an omen with overdrive 3, I see overshoot everywhere, both in games and in the ufo test. It is highly visible. At the same time, on such an overdrive, the omen is still inferior in terms of blurring the benk. Yes, the colors are clearer. In many ways, this helped me better track the bot in kovak, but in real games, it was more difficult for me to track fast opponents such as tracer or genji, sometimes it was difficult to focus on them during moments of fast animations and movements, with the panel from the benk I did not have such problems ... My copy may be unsuccessful, but I understand that even if there were no pixel inversion, 2540k-2546k would still be faster and overall more versatile and better. On the omen, I was impressed by the viewing angles and black levels compared to the benq. However, I think the omen was not just taken out of production. Yes, and the 2540k-2546k has a panel with fast crystals of 0.5 ms (overdrive), and the omen was able to declare only 1 ms. On paper, and as it turned out in reality (my experience), the benq has a faster panel.
we have had different experiences, at this point I am more and more convinced that the performances (and the conclusions) can vary according to the lottery of the panels.
I am extremely sensitive to blur, my specimen of xl2546k had a blur very similar to that of the omen, I would say identical, but unlike the omen it had a clearly visible overrun in the ufo test (in game it was actually less noticeable, only if you went to look), on the contrary the omen has no surpassing.

For what my experience has been (as a non-lover of motion blur reduction), for me Omen is superior to benq, the only aspect (for me) where benq is superior is in the color vibrance, absent in the omen.

niros

Post by niros » 15 Jan 2022, 17:36

tosspek wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 13:44
IIISLIDEIII wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 17:58
tosspek wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 15:22
IIISLIDEIII wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 18:29

thank you, I currently use viper mini, I feel very comfortable with the handle.
I want to try to raise the dpi, how can I match with 5 of sens and 800dpi that I currently use?

my xl2546k has been returned to amazon, for what it's worth i tell you if you are getting along well with 2546 know that omen x25 is superior, this panel really has impressive pixel transition speed and by not using strobing for me you have the advantage of not having any vertical tearing and it doesn't raise the input lag any further.

I have been alternating Omen and Acer for days, acer is more reactive, more fluid, zero tearing, it is amazing but when I go back to Omen I clearly notice greater clarity, not even with extreme strobing do you get the clarity that Omen has.

I can turn around the map and quickly jump right and left to look around and keep the background in focus constantly, with Acer this I can't do it, there is always a slight blur while I do it, they are not "monstrous" differences but quite evident....... waiting for a 360hz tn.

I recommend you to try Omen x25, you will not regret the dyac, believe me
I was really close before buying the ASUS VG258QM but I read your experiences about the Omen X25 and now ordered one on Amazon.de for 350€. I'm really excited and can't wait to test this beast! ^^

Can you tell me your best settings on the Omen X25? I play mainly Apex Legends on a PC with a 10900K and 3090.
excellent choice

nvidia panel's: color vibrant to 100 (maximum)
monitor osd: gamma 2.4 , black equ level 1, overdrive level 2, brightness 50

I use it without gsync and with cap at 240 but you can use it with gsync and cap at 237 if you are bothered by tearing but you add a little bit input lag.
Thanks for your answer! Today the Omen X25 arrived and I have right now set him up.

Two more question which specific color mode do you have choose in the monitor osd? (Standard, Gaming, Movie, Vivid, Warm, Cool or Low Blue Light?)

And how do you cap on 240Hz in Apex? Via Steam options or Nvidia control panel?
Asking the same if you dont mind (another owenr of the x 25 here xD )
Also if you can share your icc profile aswell! @IIISLIDEIII