Comparison benq xl2546k, hp omen x25, acer nitro xv252qf,msi mag251rx

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Zace

Re: Comparison benq xl2546k, hp omen x25, acer nitro xv252qf,msi mag251rx

Post by Zace » 23 Dec 2021, 23:33

I heard the non F is better. However it’s weird how they stopped making the non F model but continue making the F model even though the non F is better. Could it be they refreshed the F model with same performance as non F model I don’t know. If anyone can find out about it…

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Dec 2021, 12:39

akumou wrote:
23 Dec 2021, 19:51
What do you think about the IPS panels vs the TN panels in terms of visibility and clarity in FPS games for spotting enemies? Do the IPS panels provide any advantages in this regard?
TN and IPS have finally reached parity (more or less). It's an extremely tight difference now.

However, IPS can gain an edge if you've got extras such as extra Hz. There's no TN in the 300Hz+ range yet, and the world's highest Hz 1080p gaming monitors are IPS. So that can edge out TN in many types of games.

Even if IPS mostly stopped ghosting at 240Hz, IPS still ghosts at 360Hz+, since LCD GtG isn't fast enough to fit within a refresh cycle. But 360Hz IPS is still clearer-motion than 240Hz TN, for many people -- although the motion blur can get a bit asymmetric (one edge blurrier than opposite edge, aka ghosting). But back down to 240Hz-280Hz, it's pretty much a wash with nearly exactly identical looking motion blur.

Also, the IPS XG2431 is Blur Busters Approved 2.0 and has clearer strobing than many poorly tuned TN panels.

So IPS and TN overlaps heavily nowadays, and some models where IPS outperforms TN.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 24 Dec 2021, 14:22

akumou wrote:
What do you think about the IPS panels vs the TN panels in terms of visibility and clarity in FPS games for spotting enemies? Do the IPS panels provide any advantages in this regard?
I say it depends on your main game. TGLTN pro PUBG player was ranting pretty hard in his stream after he had to play on a sponsored IPS 360 hz Alienware on a Korean PUBG tournament and lost pretty early on. TGLTN ranted that he does not care about beautifull colors or inputlag in PUBG for that matter when there is motionblur. The Dyac and the TN panel on the zowie XL2546K where essential for the lowest motionblur and best clearity. He literally said IPS is crap for PUBG. I don't think he only said that cause he just lost in the tourney.

Me personally tried the TN Zowie XL2546K, the IPS Alienware 360hz and now the IPS Acer 390 hz. Cause i play Quake Live and Quake Champions besided PUBG I prefer the Acer 390 hz compared to the Zowie. I also prefer the Alienware 360 hz compared to the Zowie. Inputlag is the biggest factor for me in Quake Live plus the Acer has motionblur reduction on 390 hz that is very noticeable. That the Acer 390hz is a little less bright then normal is not a issue in Quake.

I remember playing PUBG on the Zowie XL2546K the visibility was very good. If u only play PUBG and no other games the XL2546K is the best I think so. U see enemies the best. On the Acer 390 hz there is more blur then on the Zowie XL2546K plus with motion reduction on the Acer 390hz is nog very bright.

Inputlag is a huge factor in Quake Live. I tried Quake Live on the XL2546K and it was not good. I was a medium player with it.
On the 390hz i am always at the top players. Thats why i returned the XL2546K: I was not willing to give up the enjoyment of winning in Quake Live and then just be a regular player.

I will definitely try the 360 or 480 hz TN Dyac Zowie if it comes out. Maybe i can then become a top player in Quake Live and PUBG.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

akumou

Post by akumou » 24 Dec 2021, 22:34

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
24 Dec 2021, 12:39
akumou wrote:
TN and IPS have finally reached parity (more or less). It's an extremely tight difference now.

However, IPS can gain an edge if you've got extras such as extra Hz. There's no TN in the 300Hz+ range yet, and the world's highest Hz 1080p gaming monitors are IPS. So that can edge out TN in many types of games.

Even if IPS mostly stopped ghosting at 240Hz, IPS still ghosts at 360Hz+, since LCD GtG isn't fast enough to fit within a refresh cycle. But 360Hz IPS is still clearer-motion than 240Hz TN, for many people -- although the motion blur can get a bit asymmetric (one edge blurrier than opposite edge, aka ghosting). But back down to 240Hz-280Hz, it's pretty much a wash with nearly exactly identical looking motion blur.

Also, the IPS XG2431 is Blur Busters Approved 2.0 and has clearer strobing than many poorly tuned TN panels.

So IPS and TN overlaps heavily nowadays, and some models where IPS outperforms TN.
Thanks for the info.

I'm considering the XG2431 however I'm unsure as to whether it would be better than something like a BenQ xl2546k or HP omen x25 for fast paced FPS games like Apex.

Motion blur aside do the superior colors of IPS displays aid in spotting stationary enemies or is it not a significant enough difference only serving to make the image more aesthetically pleasing?

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 25 Dec 2021, 03:12

akumou wrote:
24 Dec 2021, 22:34
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
akumou wrote:

Thanks for the info.

I'm considering the XG2431 however I'm unsure as to whether it would be better than something like a BenQ xl2546k or HP omen x25 for fast paced FPS games like Apex.

Motion blur aside do the superior colors of IPS displays aid in spotting stationary enemies or is it not a significant enough difference only serving to make the image more aesthetically pleasing?
The colors of IPS displays are only superior on the esthetic side. On the Zowie u can change the colors and sharpness making the enemy's stand out extremely good. It reminded me of a extra digital vibrance setting to make the enemy's "pop out" so they can't hide in the darkness or somewhere else. On most IPS panels u can't adjust the colors or sharpness. On the 390hz u can adjust the colors a little. but because of the low brightness the motion blur reduction gives u not really notice it. Having said that Apex will feel snappier on the IPS then on the TN. The lower inputlag on the IPS is definitly noticeable.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

akumou

Post by akumou » 26 Dec 2021, 00:29

daviddave1 wrote:
25 Dec 2021, 03:12
akumou wrote:
24 Dec 2021, 22:34
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
akumou wrote:

Thanks for the info.

The colors of IPS displays are only superior on the esthetic side. On the Zowie u can change the colors and sharpness making the enemy's stand out extremely good. It reminded me of a extra digital vibrance setting to make the enemy's "pop out" so they can't hide in the darkness or somewhere else. On most IPS panels u can't adjust the colors or sharpness. On the 390hz u can adjust the colors a little. but because of the low brightness the motion blur reduction gives u not really notice it. Having said that Apex will feel snappier on the IPS then on the TN. The lower inputlag on the IPS is definitly noticeable.
Cool thanks for the response.

plshelpme

Post by plshelpme » 09 Jan 2022, 17:41

I just picked up the Acer 390hz. Do you recommend any settings? I main Valorant at an Immortal level but I only hit 300-450 frames depending on the situation/area of the map. Thanks! Should I be using g-sync?

antiblur

Post by antiblur » 10 Jan 2022, 11:42

I got my omen x 25. And in my opinion it is slower than the 2540k or 2546k panel (same). Sometimes it seems to me that I can see blur on the omen, with overdrive 3 (while the artifacts of the corona are noticeable), although it may be due to the terrible pixel inversion that my copy suffers from (the worst pixel inversion that I have seen), the picture loses clarity at such moments due to pixel shift. I could be wrong, and there may be blur too. On a premium ama, I almost did not see artifacts corona, on omen overdrive 3 ghosting is much more noticeable, with overdrive level 4 it is unrealistic to play, they are not only at level 2, but there the picture seems more often blurry. I saw no benefit in g-sync and I think that perhaps the "f" version is no worse, since rings tested it. Having tried Omen and 2540k-2546k I recommend exclusively the Benq. The panel is faster and the monitor is objectively better in most aspects. The Omen liked the viewing angles and the relatively good initial color setting, but the Benq easily adjusts better. Also, my copy of Omena has 2 broken pixels (one consists of dark subpixels, the other is frozen red) and maybe I had no luck with the panel. However, in tests ufo and in games, I find an advantage benq. This is the most versatile monitor for all shooters, I think that the hype bank is justified in this case.
monitors: TN ACER 1916 (75Hz)>TN ACER 1917 (75Hz)>XL2540K (240Hz)>IIYAMA MASTER VISION PRO 451 (CRT 160 Hz)>xl2546k>omen x 25>24g2zu>xv252qf

Zace

Post by Zace » 10 Jan 2022, 14:34

plshelpme wrote:
09 Jan 2022, 17:41
I just picked up the Acer 390hz. Do you recommend any settings? I main Valorant at an Immortal level but I only hit 300-450 frames depending on the situation/area of the map. Thanks! Should I be using g-sync?
Don’t use g sync. What’s your pc spec? It’ll be good to upgrade so you get 400-500fps to raise your min fps. And overdrive put it at top setting.

milojr21

Post by milojr21 » 11 Jan 2022, 11:49

antiblur wrote:
10 Jan 2022, 11:42
I got my omen x 25. And in my opinion it is slower than the 2540k or 2546k panel (same). Sometimes it seems to me that I can see blur on the omen, with overdrive 3 (while the artifacts of the corona are noticeable), although it may be due to the terrible pixel inversion that my copy suffers from (the worst pixel inversion that I have seen), the picture loses clarity at such moments due to pixel shift. I could be wrong, and there may be blur too. On a premium ama, I almost did not see artifacts corona, on omen overdrive 3 ghosting is much more noticeable, with overdrive level 4 it is unrealistic to play, they are not only at level 2, but there the picture seems more often blurry. I saw no benefit in g-sync and I think that perhaps the "f" version is no worse, since rings tested it. Having tried Omen and 2540k-2546k I recommend exclusively the Benq. The panel is faster and the monitor is objectively better in most aspects. The Omen liked the viewing angles and the relatively good initial color setting, but the Benq easily adjusts better. Also, my copy of Omena has 2 broken pixels (one consists of dark subpixels, the other is frozen red) and maybe I had no luck with the panel. However, in tests ufo and in games, I find an advantage benq. This is the most versatile monitor for all shooters, I think that the hype bank is justified in this case.
Seems like you just got a bad sample. Zowie might be using a slightly newer panel, but that doesn't mean it's better. Omen x25 is supposed to be better than the f version, and the f version is faster than the zowies. Unless you absolutely need Dyac I don't see how the zowie could be considered better.