A perfect frame synchronization

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
FlavioPlaza

A perfect frame synchronization

Post by FlavioPlaza » 15 Nov 2021, 20:34

I've always been really annoying when it comes to "fluidity" in games, especially since most games I prefer to play using a controller.

I currently have a Gsync monitor and I followed all the tips posted in this topic:

https://blurbusters.com/gsync/gsync101- ... ttings/14/

However, even though I set everything up and turned on vsync + gsync, in some games I still suffered from some sort of stuttering, which wasn't "noticed" by the MSI/Riva monitoring graphics, but I felt the images "bouncing", which made me it bothered a lot.

After relentlessly searching for a solution, I found a setup that ended my problems. Within the "nvidia profile inspector" software I found an option to enable a "split" vsync with 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4 options. Activating and locking my game in one of these options I would get, respectively, 72 fps, 48 ​​fps and 36 fps and along with that, a perfect image synchronization.

why these options do not exist in the nvidia and amd driver settings and why is this no longer publicized? There is very little information about this type of synchronization on the internet and they are too good solutions not to have so much publicity.

Maybe the average user doesn't care about that, because most people who play on the pc use a keyboard and mouse for that, but for those who play on the controller and want to have an experience close to that of a console in terms of fluidity of frames, it's something spectacular