[URGENT] Want to buy a new monitor TODAY

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
xsomeonee

[URGENT] Want to buy a new monitor TODAY

Post by xsomeonee » 25 Nov 2021, 19:22

Hi guys I just want some advice about a new monitor for EFT but not only.

I am hesitating between BenQ ZOWIE XL2546K(240hz) and Alienware AW25 AW2521H (360hz).

I know that I will never be able to play tarkov at 360hz and even 240 would be hard.

DyAc technologie seems not usable in tarkov 'cause of the low fps so it doesn't count on my choice but even if alienware has a better image quality (due to IPS pannel I guess) black equalizer looks better on zowie.

Please guys help me 🙏

Actually cost of AW for me is 400€ and zowie is 500€ but I don't really care about the price.

Black equalizer reference for both monitors : https://youtu.be/DObzEwSHiZE?t=361

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: [URGENT] Want to buy a new monitor TODAY

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Nov 2021, 20:14

You can use strobe backlight technology at lower refresh rates.

Both 240Hz and 360Hz monitors can still do 120Hz and 144Hz, and benefit from ELMB / ULMB / DyAc / PureXP / etc.

Also, 240Hz and 360Hz is not just for games anymore.
240 Hz = about 1/4th the web browser scrolling motion blur of 60Hz
360 Hz = about 1/6th the web browser scrolling motion blur of 60Hz
Like a 120Hz iPad or iPhone, but even better.

(MPRT blurring, excluding GtG ghosting/smearing)

The decision is yours. Beither has a motion blur reduction technology as good as a Blur Busters Approved 2.0 strobe backlight, but they are both above-average.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

xsomeonee

Post by xsomeonee » 25 Nov 2021, 21:02

Thanks for the advice !

Just one more thing... isn't ULMB darker than DyAc ? I heard that ULMB reduce brightness + you can't modify brightness while using it but with DyAc you still have a good one and modify it.

I have already ordered the alienware but I still had doubt if the performances of the zowie were not better especially for FPS.

masterblaster

Post by masterblaster » 26 Nov 2021, 02:35

xsomeonee wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 21:02
Thanks for the advice !

Just one more thing... isn't ULMB darker than DyAc ? I heard that ULMB reduce brightness + you can't modify brightness while using it but with DyAc you still have a good one and modify it.

I have already ordered the alienware but I still had doubt if the performances of the zowie were not better especially for FPS.
All strobing effects except for DyAc will reduce brightness. You would need to buy the benq zowie if you want strobing without brightness reduction.