Buying Help for Competitive FPS Monitor

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
justinp621

Re: Buying Help for Competitive FPS Monitor

Post by justinp621 » 31 May 2022, 22:54

Did you end up getting the xg2431? If so what is your opinion on it vs the aw2521hf? I'm currently trying to decide between the two but am concerned about the brightness of the xg2431 as well as other draw backs compared to the aw2521hf.

StarWarsCoffee

Post by StarWarsCoffee » 01 Jun 2022, 11:30

justinp621 wrote:
31 May 2022, 22:54
Did you end up getting the xg2431? If so what is your opinion on it vs the aw2521hf? I'm currently trying to decide between the two but am concerned about the brightness of the xg2431 as well as other draw backs compared to the aw2521hf.
Yes, I bought it and tried it and ended up returning it. Personally, I would heartily recommend the Alienware monitor over the Viewsonic.

My opinion may be biased, however, as strobing gives me eye fatigue and headaches, so I can't use monitors with strobing at all. That said, I have found that I much prefer a monitor that has great stock motion handling and doesn't have to rely on something like strobing or any other gimmick. I find a native panel just gives a smoother and more enjoyable experience.

At the end of the day, there were too many drawbacks for the XG2431: lack of brightness, poor colors and contrast, screen tearing and double-images with the strobing technology, and more. The Alienware panel is just more enjoyable to use day in and day out, and I have found consistently the colors and image/panel quality on Alienware monitors to just be better than any other monitor out there. I have tried many AW monitors and there's just something about their panels that look punchier and far better than other monitors.

AW's build quality is superior to anything else out there too, and you can find their monitors at incredibly low prices when they run their deals. Like right now I think the AW2521HF is going for $250 which is a great price!

StarWarsCoffee

Post by StarWarsCoffee » 01 Jun 2022, 11:30

justinp621 wrote:
31 May 2022, 22:54
Yes, I bought it and tried it and ended up returning it. Personally, I would heartily recommend the Alienware monitor over the Viewsonic.

My opinion may be biased, however, as strobing gives me eye fatigue and headaches, so I can't use monitors with strobing at all. That said, I have found that I much prefer a monitor that has great stock motion handling and doesn't have to rely on something like strobing or any other gimmick. I find a native panel just gives a smoother and more enjoyable experience.

At the end of the day, there were too many drawbacks for the XG2431: lack of brightness, poor colors and contrast, screen tearing and double-images with the strobing technology, and more. The Alienware panel is just more enjoyable to use day in and day out, and I have found consistently the colors and image/panel quality on Alienware monitors to just be better than any other monitor out there. I have tried many AW monitors and there's just something about their panels that look punchier and far better than other monitors.

AW's build quality is superior to anything else out there too, and you can find their monitors at incredibly low prices when they run their deals. Like right now I think the AW2521HF is going for $250 which is a great price!