Upgrade from BENQ XL2540

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
plshelpme

Upgrade from BENQ XL2540

Post by plshelpme » 07 Dec 2021, 03:07

Hello there. I recently have been feeling like I've been wanting something more from my monitor.
Currently an Immortal in Valorant and I want to elevate my gameplay a bit. I feel visually is inconsistent at times, and I think I can benefit from a more recent TN or super fast IPS. Can I get a recommendation?

I've used a VG259QM before and the original AW2518HF.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade from BENQ XL2540

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 08 Dec 2021, 00:42

plshelpme wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 03:07
Hello there. I recently have been feeling like I've been wanting something more from my monitor.
Currently an Immortal in Valorant and I want to elevate my gameplay a bit. I feel visually is inconsistent at times, and I think I can benefit from a more recent TN or super fast IPS. Can I get a recommendation?

I've used a VG259QM before and the original AW2518HF.
Do you use motion blur reduction?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

planart

Re: Upgrade from BENQ XL2540

Post by planart » 08 Dec 2021, 01:24

I bet there's nothing on the market that would directly make you a better player. There is no monitor much better than XL2540 in the first place and especially that would directly "elevate" you as a player. No quick route here.

If you want to upgrade for fun and expierement - from personal expirience I can vouch for Acer 390Hz. It is kind of the best of the best (imho) if you can hit +/-390fps and are fine with 250nit brightness when VRB is @ extreme. That plus it's an IPS which has superior picture quality compared to any TN. I overall do prefer it over my XL2456K.

Just don't expect too much.