ASUS VX248H

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
kaxapo

ASUS VX248H

Post by kaxapo » 24 Dec 2021, 00:50

Hello everyone so i have a ASUS VX248H monitor and these days i've been wanting to modify the EDID of the monitor via Linux, but as i've watched alot of tutorials and i already understood how to do it but in every tutorial i've watched they say that i need to enable EDID Write permission via service menu. But the problem it's that i don't have any EDID option in the service menu, so i did further research and i found that there are some softwares that can control monitor "hidden features" via DDC/CI so as i use this screen for console gaming im wondering if any changes that i could done via DDC/CI will still active even if i unplug the monitor from the PC and plug it back in my console.

I want to use SoftMCCS to do this changes on the monitor.

So my 2 main questions are:

1: if i change any setting via SoftMCCS (DDC/CI) and unplug it from the PC will the configuration still be saved even if i plug the monitor on a console?

2: Does anyone knows if this monitor (ASUS VX248H) supports EDID Rewriting ? As i don"t wanna try it without being sure because it can cause a monitor Brick.

Thanks