Optoma UHD38 DLP 240hz 4.2ms projector

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Naveronasis

Optoma UHD38 DLP 240hz 4.2ms projector

Post by Naveronasis » 30 Dec 2021, 00:26

This projector claims 240hz 1080p. Dlp works by flashing multiple monochrome images per frame. In this projectors cause RGBW. This means this projector is flashing 960 "Frames" or more accurately fields of color data to produce 240 frames of full-color animation. This is what causes some of the interesting artifacts you will see below. I can't perfectly get 1 frame at a time on a rolling shutter so any overlap on my 240 shutter speed will appear as colorized motion blur that isn't visible in real life. (Mostly there is still some tiny color blur between each frame. But it's much less than appears in the images.) Also below is a pursuit cam, yes, my hands are blocking the dots, it is a projector... I'm sorry lol.

Some other caveats, the screen is being projected on a yellow-green wall with color correction, and the screen is about 100" in size. So it is dark at 1/240th of a second exposure and the color is off. In-person everything looks fine much better... I am going to get a screen soon, this is a temporary setup. Mainly we are focusing on the blur performance here.

All images were captured at 400iso and 1/240th exposure.

Here is a link to the Imgur dump, I think the images are too big to embed (I know they are too big to attach 11mb each) but embed seems to also be broken? I left them even though they appear to be broken.
https://imgur.com/gallery/YaFizig

phpBB [video]