Fastest 240hz tn panel

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
pinginu

Re: Fastest 240hz tn panel

Post by pinginu » 18 Jan 2022, 10:19

prod1G wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 17:08
After lurking this site for a year i've gone through:

XV252QF - way too much ghosting @390Hz (maybe lower Hz large VT MBR would look nice, didnt try tho).
VG279QM - too big, otherwise i liked it on 280hz@OD120.
XG249CM - was hoping this one would be endgame, but still too much ghosting/ no OD gain in service menu.
VG258QM - too much overshoot on almost all OD's, iirc/ felt input laggy.
OMENX25 - better than xl2540k unstrobed/ don't like the stand and OSD.
XL2540K - AMA overshoots, OD gain 10 helps, still worse than X25.

I'm unsatisfied, have XV252QZ and VG259QM coming tomorrow. I want to switch to IPS if a screen can deliver..
Worth trying MAG251RX if these two don't cut it?
That Itek GGF 288hz looks interesting, but can't find infos/vids/ufos.. Or i have to get another VG258QM and refresh my memory..

But hey, in the meantime xl2540k can do this, lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENHbbeslYzM
Is Benq milking 200€ from hiding DyAc in 40ks OSD oO
the XV252QF is one of the best ips, otherwise you could try the ViewSonic XG2431.

niros

Post by niros » 18 Jan 2022, 13:38

antiblur wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 15:53
niros wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 02:55
I also have the x 25 and can do some tests if needed
I tried few gaming monitors and always went back to the x 25 as it feels the best for me
Does your instance have pixel inversion (walking pixel)? It looks like vertical rows of pixels, or very thin black bands that form vertical rows of pixels when moving the camera horizontally or in animations. I see it clearly, for example in this test: https://www.testufo.com/photo#photo=que ... ttersize=0
can you share a video or something? because i tried this link and followed with my phone and everything looks clear and fine to me.
also I was thinking about getting the xl2546k for the dyac+ but it seems every1 here is kinda against it..
does my omen x25 truly the best i can have right now?
Should i try another monitor? :<

lizardpeter

Post by lizardpeter » 18 Jan 2022, 14:51

Current low refresh rate panels will be made obsolete by the 175 Hz OLED. It will obliterate every TN panel (by a lot) in terms of pixel response times. So the choice will be simple. If you want fastest pixel response times, go OLED. If you want lowest latency and highest refresh rate, go fast IPS 390 Hz or the new ultra fast IPS.
i9 9900k | RTX 2080 Ti | 32 GB 4x8GB B-Die 3600 MT/s CL16 | XV252QF 390 Hz 1080p | AW2518H 240 Hz 1080p | PG279Q 144 Hz 1440p

Razer Viper 8K | Artisan Zero Mid XL | Apex Pro TKL | 1 gbps FiOS (Fiber)

masterblaster

Post by masterblaster » 18 Jan 2022, 15:38

niros wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 13:38
antiblur wrote:
niros wrote:
I tried few gaming monitors and always went back to the x 25 as it feels the best for me
Does your instance have pixel inversion (walking pixel)? It looks like vertical rows of pixels, or very thin black bands that form vertical rows of pixels when moving the camera horizontally or in animations. I see it clearly, for example in this test: https://www.testufo.com/photo#photo=que ... ttersize=0
can you share a video or something? because i tried this link and followed with my phone and everything looks clear and fine to me.
also I was thinking about getting the xl2546k for the dyac+ but it seems every1 here is kinda against it..

I used a xl2546k for a few weeks before I returned it a year or so ago...

What I would say is that I loved the monitor, it was pretty clear and pretty responsive. I loved the CRT like feel to it. I did not really get to testing it in that many games, but I did test it in planetside2 and BF1/BF5. Supposedly the xl2546k does have slightly higher input lag due to dyac+ but I did not notice it. I ultimately came to the conclusion that while I loved dyac, it was not worth a $200 premium on the monitor to have it.

My main problem I had with the xl2546k when I purchased it was, I knew there were a lot of fast IPS monitors coming available soon. There is just no way a TN panel like the xl2546k is worth $500+ tax. You are literally paying $200 or more just for dyac. This was the main reason I returned mine. A TN panel in the 21st century for over $500? nope.

And to answer your question about the Omen X 25.... The Omen X 25 is a top tier gaming monitor and probably has the lowest input lag and fastest response times over the xl2546k anyways. You just dont have dyac. I definitely would not consider upgrading just to have dyac.

I dont know. Try it out and maybe you will like dyac enough to give up a little input lag and response times.

niros

Post by niros » 18 Jan 2022, 23:39

masterblaster wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 15:38
niros wrote:
antiblur wrote:
niros wrote:

I used a xl2546k for a few weeks before I returned it a year or so ago...

What I would say is that I loved the monitor, it was pretty clear and pretty responsive. I loved the CRT like feel to it. I did not really get to testing it in that many games, but I did test it in planetside2 and BF1/BF5. Supposedly the xl2546k does have slightly higher input lag due to dyac+ but I did not notice it. I ultimately came to the conclusion that while I loved dyac, it was not worth a $200 premium on the monitor to have it.

My main problem I had with the xl2546k when I purchased it was, I knew there were a lot of fast IPS monitors coming available soon. There is just no way a TN panel like the xl2546k is worth $500+ tax. You are literally paying $200 or more just for dyac. This was the main reason I returned mine. A TN panel in the 21st century for over $500? nope.

And to answer your question about the Omen X 25.... The Omen X 25 is a top tier gaming monitor and probably has the lowest input lag and fastest response times over the xl2546k anyways. You just dont have dyac. I definitely would not consider upgrading just to have dyac.

I dont know. Try it out and maybe you will like dyac enough to give up a little input lag and response times.
Im really starting to have second thoughts about the benq xl2546k and paying the prem price for it only for dyac+ i am thinking to my self maybe there are better options out there instead but I already have the omen x25.

Also, a nice thing I see people use on the benq is the color vibrance, black eQ, and Sharpness settings which not many monitors have these kind of options in the OSD.

Also the Stand is very neat compared to the horrible one the Omen have

I can always order the benq xl2546k and return it or even sell it online..

Anyway the major thing so far is that I dont see any other monitor worth getting compared to the omen x25 - so I feel kinda weird.. so many monitors out there but no real upgrade available?
Maybe instead of a new monitor I should get my self a calibrate tool and a mount for my desk instead

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 19 Jan 2022, 07:03

niros wrote:
antiblur wrote:
niros wrote:
It depends what game u play:
The Zowie is populair in CSGO cause u can play on custom resolutions.
I also tried the TN Zowie XL2546K, the IPS Alienware 360hz and now the IPS Acer 390hz. Cause I play Quake Live and Quake Champions (besides PUBG) I prefer the IPS Acer 390hz compared to the TN Zowie XL2546K. I also prefer the Alienware 360hz compared to the TN Zowie XL2546K.

Inputlag is a huge factor in Quake Live. I tried Quake Live on the XL2546K and it was not good. I was a medium player with it.
On the IPS Acer 390hz ( and the TN XG2401 144hz! and the IPS Alienware 360hz) I am always at the top players. That's why I returned the XL2546K: I was not willing to give up the enjoyment of winning in Quake Live and then just be a regular player.
A plus also of the IPS Acer 390hz is the motionblur reduction (VRB) on 390hz!! That is very noticeable and nice! That the Acer 390hz is a little less bright with VRB on is not a issue in Quake. It is definitely worth it.

I addition why your preference depends on your main game:

TGLTN pro PUBG player was ranting pretty hard in his stream after he had to play on a sponsored IPS 360 hz Alienware on a Korean PUBG tournament and lost early on. TGLTN ranted that he does not care about beautiful colors or inputlag in PUBG when there is motionblur. The Dyac and the TN panel on the Zowie XL2546K where essential for the lowest motionblur and best clarity possible. He literally said IPS is crap for PUBG. I don't think he only said that cause he just lost in the tourney.

I remember playing PUBG on the Zowie XL2546K the visibility was extremely good.

The colors of IPS displays are only superior on the esthetic side.

On the TN Zowie XL2546K u can change the colors and sharpness making the enemy's stand out like nothing else. It reminded me of a extra digital vibrance setting to make the enemy's "pop out" so they can't hide in the darkness or somewhere else.
For visibility (and thereby tracking the enemy's) the colors on the TN Zowie XL2546K are way better then the colors the IPS panels generate.

On most IPS panels u can't adjust the colors or sharpness. On the IPS Acer 390hz u can adjust the colors a little. But because of the low brightness the motion blur reduction (VRB) gives u not really notice it. Plus these settings cannot be saved! (Its a bug!)

On the IPS Acer 390hz with VRB on extreme there is more blur then on the TN Zowie XL2546K Dyac plus with VRB on extreme the Acer 390hz is not very bright.

If u only play PUBG and no other games the XL2546K is the best I think: U see enemies the best.

Having said that a game also like Apex will feel way more snappier on the IPS then on the TN. The lower inputlag on the IPS is definitely very noticeable.

When Zowie comes out with a 360/390/480 hz TN DYAC I will definitely give it a try. It will be the best of both worlds.
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

niros

Post by niros » 19 Jan 2022, 07:18

daviddave1 wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 07:03
niros wrote:
antiblur wrote:
niros wrote:
I also tried the TN Zowie XL2546K, the IPS Alienware 360hz and now the IPS Acer 390hz. Cause I play Quake Live and Quake Champions (besides PUBG) I prefer the IPS Acer 390hz compared to the TN Zowie XL2546K. I also prefer the Alienware 360hz compared to the TN Zowie XL2546K.

Inputlag is a huge factor in Quake Live. I tried Quake Live on the XL2546K and it was not good. I was a medium player with it.
On the IPS Acer 390hz ( and the TN XG2401 144hz! and the IPS Alienware 360hz) I am always at the top players. That's why I returned the XL2546K: I was not willing to give up the enjoyment of winning in Quake Live and then just be a regular player.
A plus also of the IPS Acer 390hz is the motionblur reduction (VRB) on 390hz!! That is very noticeable and nice! That the Acer 390hz is a little less bright with VRB on is not a issue in Quake. It is definitely worth it.

TGLTN pro PUBG player was ranting pretty hard in his stream after he had to play on a sponsored IPS 360 hz Alienware on a Korean PUBG tournament and lost early on. TGLTN ranted that he does not care about beautiful colors or inputlag in PUBG when there is motionblur. The Dyac and the TN panel on the Zowie XL2546K where essential for the lowest motionblur and best clarity possible. He literally said IPS is crap for PUBG. I don't think he only said that cause he just lost in the tourney.

On the TN Zowie XL2546K u can change the colors and sharpness making the enemy's stand out like nothing else. It reminded me of a extra digital vibrance setting to make the enemy's "pop out" so they can't hide in the darkness or somewhere else.
For visibility (and thereby tracking the enemy's) the colors on the TN Zowie XL2546K are way better then the colors the IPS panels generate.

On most IPS panels u can't adjust the colors or sharpness. On the IPS Acer 390hz u can adjust the colors a little. But because of the low brightness the motion blur reduction (VRB) gives u not really notice it. Plus these settings cannot be saved! (Its a bug!)

On the IPS Acer 390hz with VRB on extreme there is more blur then on the TN Zowie XL2546K Dyac plus with VRB on extreme the Acer 390hz is not very bright.

If u only play PUBG and no other games the XL2546K is the best I think: U see enemies the best.

Having said that a game also like Apex will feel way more snappier on the IPS then on the TN. The lower inputlag on the IPS is definitely very noticeable.

When Zowie comes out with a 360/390/480 hz TN DYAC I will definitely give it a try. It will be the best of both worlds.
Thank you for the detailed comment!!
Now imagine that my main game is Apex legenfs! And this is the only game i care about
Which monitor should i go with?? The acer?
I can afford 500-600$ for a new monitor.
Also you said some good stuff that the benq offer like sharpness and color vibrance to detect enemies better! Is it also an option on the Acer??
I just want the best monitor for Apex..

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 19 Jan 2022, 08:09

niros wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 07:18
daviddave1 wrote:
niros wrote:
antiblur wrote:

Now imagine that my main game is Apex legenfs! And this is the only game i care about
Also you said some good stuff that the benq offer like sharpness and color vibrance to detect enemies better! Is it also an option on the Acer??
On the ACER IPS panel u have options to change the colors and sharpness. But it's in no way comparable how u can change them on the TN Zowie Panel.
If your Game is Apex the Zowie will provide better visibility and less blur BUT the Acer will feel a 100 times more snappy. and the game will still look good .
Check the color part XL2546K vs acer390 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ddND- ... anJamshidi starting at 06:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0L8Cb2 ... ommonSense very positive review by a Apex player with Apex footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrVWF91 ... ptimumTech is a nice review also. Optimumtech is viewed as trustworthy here.

If u live in the us: The Acer 390hz is $399.99 now at microcenter: https://www.microcenter.com/product/638 ... ng-monitor
| Now: ASUS PG248QP 540Hz. | Past : VG259QM with the Qisda panel/PG27AQN/XL2566K

niros

Post by niros » 19 Jan 2022, 09:04

daviddave1 wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 08:09
niros wrote:
daviddave1 wrote:
niros wrote:

On the ACER IPS panel u have options to change the colors and sharpness. But it's in no way comparable how u can change them on the TN Zowie Panel.
If your Game is Apex the Zowie will provide better visibility and less blur BUT the Acer will feel a 100 times more snappy. and the game will still look good .
Check the color part XL2546K vs acer390 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ddND- ... anJamshidi starting at 06:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0L8Cb2 ... ommonSense very positive review by a Apex player with Apex footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrVWF91 ... ptimumTech is a nice review also. Optimumtech is viewed as trustworthy here.

If u live in the us: The Acer 390hz is $399.99 now at microcenter: https://www.microcenter.com/product/638 ... ng-monitor
Thanks again for the helpful comment!
I will check the videos later when I get home from work
100 timesore snappy sounds good but so do the colors and sharpness from the zowie sounds helpful for detecting enemies and such

So my options are still either the benq or the acer
So i have another question for you.
No way I can push 390hz in apex.. is the acer still viable option?
It seems like the acer is Ips so it might mean better picture for other casual games like mmorpg and single player (hopefully the acer is available from amazon us)
And lastly are any of these two could be an improvement over my omen x25?

Thanks again

daviddave1

Post by daviddave1 » 19 Jan 2022, 09:13

niros wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 09:04
daviddave1 wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 08:09
niros wrote:
daviddave1 wrote:

Thanks again for the helpful comment!
I will check the videos later when I get home from work
100 timesore snappy sounds good but so do the colors and sharpness from the zowie sounds helpful for detecting enemies and such

So my options are still either the benq or the acer
So i have another question for you.
No way I can push 390hz in apex.. is the acer still viable option?
It seems like the acer is Ips so it might mean better picture for other casual games like mmorpg and single player (hopefully the acer is available from amazon us)
And lastly are any of these two could be an improvement over my omen x25?

Thanks again
In Apex its hard to say what is the most important factor: Detecting & Tracking enemies or a way more snappier feeling. In PUBG it definitely is Detecting & Tracking enemies. I did not test Apex on the Zowie.

The ULTIMATE monitor would be a 360/390/480 hz TN DYAC. I hope Zowie will drop 1 this summer.

The Omen 25 does not have DYAC backstrobing and the extra color/sharpening options the Zowie has. The DYAC is essential for the ultra low blur what gives a noticeable edge in tracking enemies.
The Acer 390 has VRB backstrobing for blur reduction on 390hz. This is what makes the monitor stands out the most with other IPS panels. ( the ultra low inputlag is nice also what gives the monitor a way more snappier feeling then the tn panels ) The low inputlag also resonates with lower fps. Quake Live for example only goes to 250 fps and feels the most snappy on the 390hz by far. compared to the TN Zowie 240hz. It really is a big difference.
The VRB is also really good with Quake Live compared to VRB off even if it makes the screen a little darker what's def. worth it.( DYAC does not make the screen darker btw).

Blurrywise the IPS panel will prob. be more blurry then the TN Omen x25.

If u into esthetics: the colors on IPS panels look very nice compared to TN Panels ( but they wont help in detecting enemies)