XL2411p still the best for my use case

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
MST

XL2411p still the best for my use case

Post by MST » 13 Jan 2022, 14:16

Hello Blur Busters.
I am still using Benq XL2411p for gaming, thanks to this wonderful community, and it had been quite nice so far, but I'm coming back here after a year or so to check if there have been any further developments in the field of blur busting for lower refresh rates that might surpass the XL2411p.
Since I can't afford an expensive video card, I'm stuck at playin at lower FPS.
I've been using it at 85 hz with Large Vertical Total but it's starting to prove sometimes above what my video card can do :(
Also even at 85 hz, the crosstalk reduction isn't perfect (though still pretty good), and on top of that the colors are not the best either.
So I'm hoping maybe there's some new monitor that can do good motion blur reduction at lets say 75 hz. A very long shot, I know, but worth to ask.

Thank you!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XL2411p still the best for my use case

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 14 Jan 2022, 15:31

MST wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 14:16
Hello Blur Busters.
I am still using Benq XL2411p for gaming, thanks to this wonderful community, and it had been quite nice so far, but I'm coming back here after a year or so to check if there have been any further developments in the field of blur busting for lower refresh rates that might surpass the XL2411p.
Since I can't afford an expensive video card, I'm stuck at playin at lower FPS.
I've been using it at 85 hz with Large Vertical Total but it's starting to prove sometimes above what my video card can do :(
Also even at 85 hz, the crosstalk reduction isn't perfect (though still pretty good), and on top of that the colors are not the best either.
So I'm hoping maybe there's some new monitor that can do good motion blur reduction at lets say 75 hz. A very long shot, I know, but worth to ask.
You should consider the ViewSonic XG2431 -- which has a Blur Busters Approved 2.0 strobe backlight -- it does low-Hz strobing even better than the XL2411P does. It can strobe from 59Hz-241Hz, and it has a better Strobe Utility with the ability to adjust Overdrive Gain.

Refresh rate headroom is very good for low-Hz strobing, as 75Hz strobe looks better on a 240Hz panel than 75Hz strobe on a 144Hz panel.

www.blurbusters.com/xg2431
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

MST

Re: XL2411p still the best for my use case

Post by MST » 15 Jan 2022, 14:21

Thank you good sir!
Unfortunately it's not yet available in my country (Romania). But I see it was released just a few months ago so maybe in the near future!
Hopefully it's not too expensive.
Happy blur busting!