MSI 360hz specs + Acer 390hz Canada

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
turbobaru

MSI 360hz specs + Acer 390hz Canada

Post by turbobaru » 18 Jan 2022, 12:18

Hello all,

Firstly, thanks to all the experts here for the wealth of information.

I’m a CSGO player looking to minimize input lag to the minimum. I’ve recently purchased an 8k hz keyboard and mice, along with a 360hz monitor.

I purchased last week an MSI NXG253R. However, after receiving the monitor and turning it on yesterday, it seems completely destroyed inside the screen, see pictures attached. It’s very strange because the monitor does not show any physical damage when off, and the box is not damaged but the cardboard slightly teared in the 2 top corners and it was full of dust. I don’t know if it matters, but here in Quebec it was -30c last week when the shipment was sent and it spent the whole weekend at purolator warehouse due to covid delays… I may be speculating, but at -30c, is it possible the inside of the screen become so sensitive, any minor bump by the transporter could destroy it like that? Anyway…
I’ve asked Newegg for an exchange and waiting for an answer.
IMG_6966.jpg
IMG_6966.jpg (592.43 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
IMG_6959.jpg
IMG_6959.jpg (534.69 KiB) Viewed 4827 times
I want to pair the monitor with my R9 380 and ryzen 5600x. I am currently getting 420fps on average in the game. The R9 380 have DP 1.2, however the monitor is DP 1.4. From my understanding, they should be compatible and considering I play on low res 1024x768, lowest setting graphics, should be enough for full constant 360hz data transfer to the monitor. Would that be correct?

Also, I notice the MSI monitor is now out of stock at Newegg, so I am expecting that they will offer refund instead of exchange…
I choose the MSI because out of all others 360hz, it is the one with lowest input lag according to tests/comparison I’ve seen. My other choice would be the Acer 390hz, however I can’t find it anywhere in Canada. Would anyone know of a way to get this model in Canada? It is available at microcenter in the US for a sweet price of only 400usd, but they don’t ship to Canada and I’m afraid to use a US-Can shipping service business because if the monitor arrive damaged like the MSI, it will be a nightmare and expensive to get it back to microcenter.

Thanks in advance for the help and recommendations.
Cheers