Omen x25 G-Sync share your settings? + any better option out there?

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
niros

Omen x25 G-Sync share your settings? + any better option out there?

Post by niros » 18 Jan 2022, 13:50

Playing Apex legends mostly..
would love to know the best settings for the omen x25
did any 1 tried some vrr tweaks?
any1 use g-sync with it? what are the benefits to use g-sync with it?

and lastly. I was thinking about the xl2546k past few days and did some research and found it omen x25 is much better compared to it unstrobe but also i found out how many of you hate the benQ

so are there any major upgrades to the Omen x25 out there? mostly for apex legends and fps games

thanks

milojr21

Re: Omen x25 G-Sync share your settings? + any better option out there?

Post by milojr21 » 18 Jan 2022, 17:59

Been using techless's settings with dark boost level 1. Out of curiously but does anyone else's monitor get the gsync bug where the corner gets jumbled up? Used to be happen all the time with my PG258Q. I've only had this happen to me once after switching to a club3d cable. Switched back to my older 1.2 accel displayport cable and haven't had that happen since.

niros

Post by niros » 18 Jan 2022, 23:31

milojr21 wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 17:59
Been using techless's settings with dark boost level 1. Out of curiously but does anyone else's monitor get the gsync bug where the corner gets jumbled up? Used to be happen all the time with my PG258Q. I've only had this happen to me once after switching to a club3d cable. Switched back to my older 1.2 accel displayport cable and haven't had that happen since.
Happens to me from time to time sadly but only when i switch between my tv and the omen screens and it's random so not all the time..

So you activate g sync? Because I disabled it in the NVCP

milojr21

Post by milojr21 » 19 Jan 2022, 08:59

niros wrote:
18 Jan 2022, 23:31
milojr21 wrote:
Happens to me from time to time sadly but only when i switch between my tv and the omen screens and it's random so not all the time..

I have it enabled. I only really play Overwatch these days, so I can't speak for other games, but gsync+vsync is sooo smooth, I've been enjoying it. If I want to turn gsync off I'll just cap my fps above 240.

niros

Post by niros » 19 Jan 2022, 09:05

milojr21 wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 08:59
niros wrote:
milojr21 wrote:

I have it enabled. I only really play Overwatch these days, so I can't speak for other games, but gsync+vsync is sooo smooth, I've been enjoying it. If I want to turn gsync off I'll just cap my fps above 240.
Can you share which settings exactly you use with gsync? I mean do you enable vsync ingame or in nvcp? And it mostly for apex so if you can be specefic for that it would be nice :)

milojr21

Post by milojr21 » 19 Jan 2022, 09:28

niros wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 09:05
milojr21 wrote:
niros wrote:
milojr21 wrote:

Can you share which settings exactly you use with gsync? I mean do you enable vsync ingame or in nvcp? And it mostly for apex so if you can be specefic for that it would be nice :)
So gsync on in the nvcp also make sure to set Low Latency Mode to Ultra and I like to use in game to turn vsync on. That way, you can toggle vsync on and off in game and see how smoother it is with it on.

niros

Post by niros » 19 Jan 2022, 10:23

milojr21 wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 09:28
niros wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 09:05
milojr21 wrote:
niros wrote:

So gsync on in the nvcp also make sure to set Low Latency Mode to Ultra and I like to use in game to turn vsync on. That way, you can toggle vsync on and off in game and see how smoother it is with it on.
Got it boss
Thanks!