Flickering HP Omen 27i

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
Bubu

Flickering HP Omen 27i

Post by Bubu » 21 Jan 2022, 09:01

Hi people, i having an issue with this monitor, HP Omen 27i, 1440p 165 hz, IPS (LG Nano IPS), G-Sync Compatible (Freesync), my graphic card is 3060ti FE

[*] Its pretty random and occasionally (not very often but it happend just right now, i was browsing and saw a little flickering and it went away very quickly)

[*] It often happens during first boot (bios menus like the picture i ve linked below, and when i got this display issues, i cant access the osd settings, i need to re-plug cable) or at windows desktop (browsing or watching video , i never seen it in-game. In case when its happening on windows desk, its rather standard flickering

[*] If i re-plug displayport cord and make sure it well tightened, flickering goes away

I don't know if its monitor hardware failure or related to displayport cable itself

I highly suspect the displayport cable which is 1.2, DP specs announces it goes up to 1440p 165 hz, maybe should i pick new cable at 1.4?

Does anyone have witness similar flickering issues or having faulty displayport cable?

Thanks in advance

Bubu

Re: Flickering HP Omen 27i

Post by Bubu » 25 Jan 2022, 14:22

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comme ... s_causing/

I have exact same issue except it doesnt happen in-game

I powered on my pc tonight, monitor tends to wiggle when i hit the desk with my knee, and flickering came while watching video

I am really worried about if its hardware issue and not the cable ;(

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 26 Jan 2022, 10:14

Don't you have any other cables to try out?
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Bubu

Post by Bubu » 26 Jan 2022, 13:59

I am going to order it, however this issue occurs not always like once per week or every two weeks and when i re-insert the cable into DP port and try to tighten it, it disappeared
It is possible to have defect stock cable? Because i know some users who own same model as me and they dont have this issue (my own brother have this monitor too and he claimed no issue or whatsoever)

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 26 Jan 2022, 15:01

It's always possible there is a defect in the monitor. But unless you try a different cable, you won't know for sure.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.

Bubu

Post by Bubu » 29 Jan 2022, 13:19

Yes my cable should coming soon

Its flickering phenom right?

I managed to record video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HQHXhTewho

Bubu

Post by Bubu » 04 Feb 2022, 15:37

Hey, i received new cable today, i took certified VESA cable from Cable Matters.
For now, no flickering! I will test for couple weeks to see if is there any flickering that may occur
Lately, flickering occurred very frequently especially when i sightly put pressure on my desk, the whole monitor was wobbling and flickering came.
Its a bit odd, when i disabled adaptive sync from OSD settings, normally i got black screen during maybe 1 or 2s, with this cable, it took sightly longer (few seconds more).
Stock cable is 1.2
New certified VESA cable 1.4
On my OSD settings, it allows me to choose between 1.1 or 1.2 only
Does it matter?
Thanks

Bubu

Post by Bubu » 07 Feb 2022, 22:12

Problem solved, with certified VESA cable, i have no longer any flickering
Stock cables are made poorly, its not the first time (i had a MSI before which i had black screen on the boot, i needed to unplug the brick charger cord and wait 5 minutes before plugging DP cable and cord)
If anyone have met similar issues, try CERTIFIED VESA cable (look for Cable Matters, they provide certified VESA without being too expensive)