Acer Nitro XV252QF vs BenQ XL2546K

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
ftwknx

Acer Nitro XV252QF vs BenQ XL2546K

Post by ftwknx » 22 Jan 2022, 16:33

What do you guys think is the best choice at the moment for mostly CS GO and other eSports titles? They both have the same price. I'm mostly wondering how DyAc compares to Acer's backlight strobing technology. I want the smoothest possible image without bluriness. I don't care that much about colors, but I do care about having a decent brightness on my monitor, which is something I'm afraid of with the Acer. I'm currently using my AOC AG251FZ at 95 brightness (heard that's around 318 nits), but also playing with Windows's night light ON most of the time, at 22 strength.

My eyes are extremely sensitive to motion blur and screen tearing, which makes me hate my current monitor, AOC AG251FZ, even if it is running at 240 Hz.

The second question would be how is Acer's VRB doing when you drop below the refresh rate of 390 Hz. Will it look worse than DyAc if I get like 250-300 fps with it on Extreme? I'm getting enough frames in CS GO with my 12600k to stay above 390 fps, but this is not the case with Valorant where it sometimes drops below 300. I'd still want to use motion blur reduction in both games though, so is the BenQ a better choice if I can't maintain 390+ fps in all games? What about games where I drop below 240 fps, such as let's say Apex Legends?

Also, BenQ did not reveal any new monitor at CES 2022. Anyone with inside info if it may be worth it to wait for a 360 Hz monitor with DyAc, or is it not coming out anytime soon?