HP Omen 27c

Everything about displays and monitors. 120Hz, 144Hz, 240Hz, 4K, 1440p, input lag, display shopping, monitor purchase decisions, compare, versus, debate, and more. Questions? Just ask!
monarch10969

HP Omen 27c

Post by monarch10969 » 01 Feb 2022, 10:43

Hi! I really wanted the XG2431 but there are no stocks available right now and our local retailers don't know when the restock will happen. I couldn't wait any longer so I looked at what's new at our local retailers and I saw the HP Omen 27c. It's a 2K resolution 240hz VA Panel.
This is my first curved monitor and the curvature is quite aggressive I might say. Took me a few minutes before I could adjust to it but when I got used to it I loved it even more. From the specs of this guy it's like a Samsung G7 contender but cheaper!

Already used it for competitive valorant and wow I thought that it being 2k resolution would eat away my fps but it didn't affect it that much. It's very responsive and the MPRT modes don't really dim it too much. The Level 5 of the MPRT, which being the highest is still very usable even if you have a well lit room. The Response times are 5 levels, 5 being the fastest and also has very noticeable inverse ghosting. I'd suggest the level 3 being the middle ground and no overshoots but you can still push to level 4 if you want to be a bit more competitive with a bit of overshooting. I'm open if anyone has any questions about it. Thank you and have a nice day!
AOC 2460pf | AOC 2590px | AOC 24g2 | Lenovo Y25-25

supernova

Re: HP Omen 27c

Post by supernova » 28 Jan 2023, 13:42

Hi, I am currently between Asus Rog XG249CM and HP Omen 27c. I am very sensible to ghosting and I will use backlight strobing for sure. I couldn't find ufo image of asus but i am expecting it to be very good with elmb, it also supports elmb sync. However it is 1080p and i found out that with not paying much extra money, I can get the hp 27c. No other 1440p 240hz is close to price point of 27c in my region. Thus, what i am curios about is; is 1440p VA really noticable and worthy over 1080p IPS when it comes to image quality? And, can you send clear image of ufo test with backlight strobing enabled at 27c?