Xbox One X - 30 fps question

All newer XBOX consoles supports 120Hz+ & FreeSync. Getting help with getting "Better Than 60Hz" on the XBOX ONE, XBOX Series S, and XBOX Series X, as well as the PlayStation 5.
Luke88Gw

Re: Xbox One X - 30 fps question

Post by Luke88Gw » 31 Dec 2021, 08:37

Is there any monitor on the market with good motion interpolation for 30fps? I saw it on Samsung and Sony tvs but never heard about such monitors. Strobing isnt probably the thing I'm looking for.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Xbox One X - 30 fps question

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 15 Feb 2022, 14:47

Luke88Gw wrote:
31 Dec 2021, 08:37
Is there any monitor on the market with good motion interpolation for 30fps? I saw it on Samsung and Sony tvs but never heard about such monitors. Strobing isnt probably the thing I'm looking for.
Unfortunately, you need to buy a television instead for interpolation. No monitor on the market has interpolation. The best low-lag interpolation modes are in televisions, and still adds a couple frames input lag or so, but far less than 100ms.

You can use 3rd party interpolation software such as Smooth Video Project but that only works for playing video files.

Theoretically however, one could write a windows indirect display driver (there's a couple of open source projects) and route the desktop through the SVP module to get interpolation on the Windows desktop in real time. This is just generically tying two largely-existing projects together, if you're a programmer.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!