XG2431 Compatibility PS5

All newer XBOX consoles supports 120Hz+ & FreeSync. Getting help with getting "Better Than 60Hz" on the XBOX ONE, XBOX Series S, and XBOX Series X, as well as the PlayStation 5.
Air_Uzair

XG2431 Compatibility PS5

Post by Air_Uzair » 20 Jul 2023, 20:15

Sorry if this is the wrong section but I am completely lost and frustrated. Just bought a PS5 and the XG2431 today and I can't use half the settings and I know this is a blur busters forum but hoping someone might know. Settings I can access is really only response time and I can't use PureXP, black stabilization, brightness/contrast, any view mode, etc. I am using the HDMI cable that came with the PS5. Are these settings locked because I can only use it with the display port?

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XG2431 Compatibility PS5

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Jul 2023, 03:54

Air_Uzair wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 20:15
Sorry if this is the wrong section but I am completely lost and frustrated. Just bought a PS5 and the XG2431 today and I can't use half the settings and I know this is a blur busters forum but hoping someone might know. Settings I can access is really only response time and I can't use PureXP, black stabilization, brightness/contrast, any view mode, etc. I am using the HDMI cable that came with the PS5. Are these settings locked because I can only use it with the display port?
Solution:
1. For picture settings, you have to switch profiles on the monitor. Some profiles disable the settings.
2. For PureXP, you have to disable variable refresh rate (FreeSync) before you can turn on PureXP.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Air_Uzair

Post by Air_Uzair » 21 Jul 2023, 06:01

By picture modes do you mean the view modes like fps, movie, etc? Because I can’t even click on that view mode menu. I also do have free sync disabled and purexp is still shaded out I can’t click on it.
Attachments
IMG_1026.jpeg
IMG_1026.jpeg (5.02 MiB) Viewed 17143 times
IMG_1025.jpeg
IMG_1025.jpeg (4.83 MiB) Viewed 17143 times

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Jul 2023, 05:43

Air_Uzair wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 06:01
By picture modes do you mean the view modes like fps, movie, etc? Because I can’t even click on that view mode menu. I also do have free sync disabled and purexp is still shaded out I can’t click on it.
I see you're getting a HDR signal from your console.
Try turning off HDR on the console end and see what happens;

PureXP can't be used with either HDR or VRR.

Make sure you test it with the specific games that can do framerate=Hz, for best blur busting results.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!