Upcoming Monitors for Xbox One X

All newer XBOX consoles supports 120Hz+ & FreeSync. Getting help with getting "Better Than 60Hz" on the XBOX ONE, XBOX Series S, and XBOX Series X, as well as the PlayStation 5.
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Upcoming Monitors for Xbox One X

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 25 Apr 2018, 07:40

jsharkbite wrote:I think I may bite the bullet and try out the AOC AG271QX.
I should be able to do a side by side comparison with the wife's Asus VG248.
The AOC doesn't have HDR and isn't HDMI2.1, but I may be waiting a long time for that.
Some confusion exists on if this is an MVA panel or TN

It is 144hz Freesync, so I really hope they mean it can do Freesync at 120Hz as well.
I am also hoping Adaptive Sync is the same as FreeSync.

Now to get enrolled in the XBOX 1X insider program to test this thing out.
It works, but Adaptive Sync is an uncertified form of FreeSync. It's like a FreeSync Version 0.9 of sorts sometimes. Newer FreeSync monitors will generally be better quality since FreeSync passes AMD certification tests.

You do not need HDMi 2.1 to get FreeSync, it is not as important, since HDMi 2.0 can gain many 2.1 features line-item-by-item. Focus on the other specs rather than HDMI 2.0 versus 2.1
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

eljbee

Post by eljbee » 26 Apr 2018, 03:36

eljbee wrote:I'm in a very similar boat. Now complicated (but maybe a in a good way) by the X1X 120Hz announcement!

I wanted a monitor that I could use for both PC AND X1X, at least 32", but that doesn't really exist, given I have a GTX 1070 on the PC.

So I started looking at a 2 monitor solution. I got very interested in ultrawides and wrongly assumed that anything with HDMI 2.0 would suit the One X. So I got the excellent Samsung CF791 (with Freesync). As you no doubt know, this isn't generally the case, the One X won't do 3440x1440, so is stretched on an ultrawide (the sole exception I've found seems to be the Benq EX3501R - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn69InXBfPw

I like the look of your recommended Samsung 32HG70, but I'd also like to get a 4K option for the One Xm, and be able to watch 4K movies etc!

Soooo... do I get the Samsung for the great picture and Freesync, alongside a 4K G-sync monitor (which I'm having trouble finding with HDMI 2.0!). Seems there has to be a compromise somewhere, but I'm struggling really and any thoughts would be welcome :)

Would be grateful for any thoughts anyone has on this - happy to make my own thread if that would be the better thing to do...

supertoast

Post by supertoast » 26 Apr 2018, 05:10

eljbee wrote:
eljbee wrote:I'm in a very similar boat. Now complicated (but maybe a in a good way) by the X1X 120Hz announcement!

I wanted a monitor that I could use for both PC AND X1X, at least 32", but that doesn't really exist, given I have a GTX 1070 on the PC.

So I started looking at a 2 monitor solution. I got very interested in ultrawides and wrongly assumed that anything with HDMI 2.0 would suit the One X. So I got the excellent Samsung CF791 (with Freesync). As you no doubt know, this isn't generally the case, the One X won't do 3440x1440, so is stretched on an ultrawide (the sole exception I've found seems to be the Benq EX3501R - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn69InXBfPw

I like the look of your recommended Samsung 32HG70, but I'd also like to get a 4K option for the One Xm, and be able to watch 4K movies etc!

Soooo... do I get the Samsung for the great picture and Freesync, alongside a 4K G-sync monitor (which I'm having trouble finding with HDMI 2.0!). Seems there has to be a compromise somewhere, but I'm struggling really and any thoughts would be welcome :)

Would be grateful for any thoughts anyone has on this - happy to make my own thread if that would be the better thing to do...
This site maintains a database of monitors and you can filter it by features so 4K + Freesync and you get list of whats available.
https://uk.hardware.info/category/8/mon ... oWWnnuW6bg

That said you should cross reference with the AMD Freesync monitor list to see if Freesync over HDMI is supported, it is listed under the range section, most are Displayport only.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors

As of April 2018 in the AMD database, only the below 16:9 displays are listed as 4K with Freesync HDMI 2.0 support.
Asus VP28UQG
Acer H277HK
LG 27UD69P
LG 27UD69
LG 32UD89
LG 32UD99
LG 32UD59
HP Envy 27
HP Envy 27S
Philips Momentum 436M6VBPAB (only announced yesterday so not in database yet)

Not a lot to choose from and at 32" you only have LG monitors that will give you Freesync plus 4k resolution on games + movies.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 26 Apr 2018, 08:46

supertoast wrote:
eljbee wrote:

This site maintains a database of monitors and you can filter it by features so 4K + Freesync and you get list of whats available.
https://uk.hardware.info/category/8/mon ... oWWnnuW6bg

That said you should cross reference with the AMD Freesync monitor list to see if Freesync over HDMI is supported, it is listed under the range section, most are Displayport only.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors

As of April 2018 in the AMD database, only the below 16:9 displays are listed as 4K with Freesync HDMI 2.0 support.
Asus VP28UQG
Acer H277HK
LG 27UD69P
LG 27UD69
LG 32UD89
LG 32UD99
LG 32UD59
HP Envy 27
HP Envy 27S
Philips Momentum 436M6VBPAB (only announced yesterday so not in database yet)

Not a lot to choose from and at 32" you only have LG monitors that will give you Freesync plus 4k resolution on games + movies.
We also have a FreeSync list too, see signature:

(Some newer FreeSync monitors are missing, email [email protected] to notify...)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

supertoast

Post by supertoast » 26 Apr 2018, 09:23

Thats handy thx.

Also one thing to watch out for if you go with the LG's are they have two Freesync modes, the basic (48-60Hz) and extended (40-60Hz), so if you want any use out of it on Xbox you will need to set it to extended mode.

MelanieHuang

Post by MelanieHuang » 11 May 2018, 07:59

True!!