Monitor Recommendations

All newer XBOX consoles supports 120Hz+ & FreeSync. Getting help with getting "Better Than 60Hz" on the XBOX ONE, XBOX Series S, and XBOX Series X, as well as the PlayStation 5.
TheTechGuy

Re: Monitor Recommendations

Post by TheTechGuy » 09 Jul 2018, 06:35

richdot wrote:I would highly recommend the Asus VG245 on my experience.
I've got is as well and its great although I have experienced some problems recently.

TTT

Post by TTT » 15 Sep 2018, 10:23

Chief Blur Buster wrote:If you don't care about a few milliseconds more lag (extremely minor VA lag instead of near-lagless TN) then I'm feeling pretty good about the Samsung CHG70 series for desktop XBox One use. Even if laggier than TN panels (poorer colors), the new Samsung quantum dot FreeSync monitors have less lag than HDTVs.

-- Some of the best colors I've seen in a gaming monitor under $1000
-- HDR with quantum dot backlight
-- Excellent 120Hz blur reduction mode (if game is running 120fps)
-- FreeSync support
-- One of the only monitor manufacturers to provide user-firmware upgradeable desktop monitors!

Samsung C27HG70 - 27" 2560x1440 VA 144Hz FreeSync
Samsung C32HG70 - 32" 2560x1440 VA 144Hz FreeSync

If you're concerned about high quality and futureproofing for quite a while, these are pretty comfortable choices.

Now, if you're a console competitive/eSports player, and need TN instead of VA quality -- then you may have a preference towards a TN panel...and that does get to be a little bit of a tougher choice because of a huge array of options depending on your priorities.
I tried the 24" version of this with my Xbox One a while ago and it had massive input lag.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 21 Sep 2018, 20:11

There's no 24 inch version of the improved CHG monitor -- which model 24" monitor was this?
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

TTT

Post by TTT » 29 Oct 2018, 13:31

Chief Blur Buster wrote:There's no 24 inch version of the improved CHG monitor -- which model 24" monitor was this?
Just realised these are the 1440p monitors.

It was the C24FG73, basically the same as the ones above but 1080p.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 30 Oct 2018, 15:04

Oh! The CFG series. Yes, that's the one.

If you get that, the -73 is definitely the newer/better version than the -70 of which early versions were known for their purple ghosting haze problem.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

TTT

Post by TTT » 30 Oct 2018, 15:13

Chief Blur Buster wrote:Oh! The CFG series. Yes, that's the one.

If you get that, the -73 is definitely the newer/better version than the -70 of which early versions were known for their purple ghosting haze problem.
Yes I remember reading that was the updated version that fixed some kind of purple ghosting. The monitor looked awesome and the picture was brilliant but its the most input lag I've ever felt on my Xbox. I went from an RL2455 to that but also have an older 32" Sony Bravia which is pretty bad, but the Sammy was way worse.