Question about support 144hz via adapter

All newer XBOX consoles supports 120Hz+ & FreeSync. Getting help with getting "Better Than 60Hz" on the XBOX ONE, XBOX Series S, and XBOX Series X, as well as the PlayStation 5.
Skazki

Question about support 144hz via adapter

Post by Skazki » 02 May 2020, 06:06

Hello guys. I have BenQ XL2430T gaming montior (HDMI ver. 1.4). I want to have 144hz on my XBOX One X console (HDMI 2.0). Is it possible to do with that adapter https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-ad ... ccessories ? Will it work for me? Thank you.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Question about support 144hz via adapter

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 20 May 2020, 11:08

In theory, a good adaptor will do.

However, be careful about adaptor lag and adaptor incompatibility. HDMI-to-DIsplayPort adaptors have sometimes had compatibility issues. And if you use HDMI-to-DVI, you need dual-link-DVI, and reliable adaptors for those have often been expensive (>$100).

Also some adaptors don't show 120Hz in a plug-n-play identification (which may not be successfully relayed across) -- so that can cause problems for the XBox.

If the adaptor does not cost too much, it might be worth a try. HDMI-to-DisplayPort adaptors may be your best bet since those are cheaper.

For your situation, ignore the HDMI version numbers, since HDMI version 1.4 supports 1080p 144Hz just fine (just that the HDMI chip in the Benq doesn't support 144Hz. What you need is a compatible HDMI-to-DP adaptor that supports the bandwidth, that's more important.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!