Xbox One X 120hz VRR slow motion lag

All newer XBOX consoles supports 120Hz+ & FreeSync. Getting help with getting "Better Than 60Hz" on the XBOX ONE, XBOX Series S, and XBOX Series X, as well as the PlayStation 5.
Zenn41

Xbox One X 120hz VRR slow motion lag

Post by Zenn41 » 20 Jun 2020, 07:47

Set up:
Xbox One X
Monitor - LG 24Gl609f

I got this monitor because I came across a thread here and I love it. I don’t know much about this stuff so I’m asking the Pros!

Whenever I play Rocket League everything is fine for about five minutes. The lack on input lag in astounding compare to my tv. Eventually though, it gradually shifts in to a laggy slow motion feeling. Every couple of seconds it will go back and forth and will eventually stay slow motion until I restart my game. I’ve taken all the proper steps in game to reduce input lag including disabling Vsync. I’ve also played the game just 120hz without VRR and I get the same outcome but not as slow. This doesn’t happen with any other game. Anyone know what’s going on? I don’t think it’s frame rate related because it runs fine if I go back to my tv. It almost feels like vsync is activating itself somehow.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Xbox One X 120hz VRR slow motion lag

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Jun 2020, 22:22

Extremely high frame rates may be creating framebuffer backpressure lag.

Do you notice the lag suddenly appear only when framerates max out? (120fps)
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Zenn41

Post by Zenn41 » 13 Jul 2020, 15:13

I’m not sure if frame rates cap out. There are only a select few Xbox games that go past the normal 60fps cap. Even those That do wouldn’t make it anywhere near 120fps.

EvilBoris

Post by EvilBoris » 14 Jul 2020, 08:57

Rocket League on Xbox Doesn't support VRR.

Zenn41

Post by Zenn41 » 17 Jul 2020, 20:25

So I was reading up on backpressure lag. I gotta say, the result seems very much on par for what I’ve been experiencing. The only this that doesn’t add up is frame rate. I’m capped at 60fps. Since I can’t see my active FPS on Xbox all I can say is the lag is completely random.

Qcfakeing

Post by Qcfakeing » 10 Jan 2021, 05:41

Is this your only platform and account? Ever? Trying to put together some info, I have same issue.

Zenn41

Post by Zenn41 » 10 Jan 2021, 21:28

Hey, I gave up on using this monitor with my Xbox. Here’s a little info. It works fine on my PC but not Xbox. No matter what setting I changed, reset, new account, new cables, it always produced an inconsistent refresh rate and image quality. Every now and then everything would be perfect but at any given moment it was like my Xbox and monitor just stopped communicating properly. The color gambit would get out of whack, the screen would flicker, my games would suddenly feel slow and laggy and major ghosting would occur. Every time I turned my Xbox on the result was different. I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s a bug in the Xbox. I’ve seen a lot of different info on other computer monitors not being supported by Xbox. If you’re having any of these same issues, I would advise you to cut your loss. If you do find a solution I’d love to hear it. Good luck