LG 27GL650

All newer XBOX consoles supports 120Hz+ & FreeSync. Getting help with getting "Better Than 60Hz" on the XBOX ONE, XBOX Series S, and XBOX Series X, as well as the PlayStation 5.
merleau79

LG 27GL650

Post by merleau79 » 08 Jul 2020, 01:32

Hi. I just purchased the LG 27GL650 monitor to use on both my Xbox One S and PS4 Slim. I basically only play two games--NHL on Xbox and MLB on the PS4, but since MLB will be on both consoles in a couple of years I'll probably just play on Xbox and upgrade to the new generation.

Now, my main concern is input lag. Especially in MLB due to fast pitches on higher levels where you have to react quicker. And blur reduction is important so you can see the spin of the ball. I saw RTINGS that this monitor that, at 60HZ (the max refresh rate on the PS4), the input lag is 10.8ms. I have FreeSync turned on and the response rate set to 'Normal' on the PS4. On the Xbox I use 120Hz and 'Fast'. However, displayninja.com claims that the Benq RL2455S has an an input lag at 3ms, but they don't offer any tests for that.

Anyway, do you recommend the LG monitor due to low input lag and blur reduction? Or are there better monitors like the Benq? I saw that the ViewSonic XG2402 was recommended, which has an input lag around 8.8ms. Does 2ms make a difference? Thanks.