Display Hot Keys - Instantly apply display settings with hot keys!

Talk to software developers and aspiring geeks. Programming tips. Improve motion fluidity. Reduce input lag. Come Present() yourself!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Display Hot Keys - Instantly apply display settings with hot keys!

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 19 May 2024, 19:54

jon-mil-92 wrote:
19 May 2024, 19:03
I believe I have the code base pretty well modularized to make a Linux version easier. I'd have to expand the Java (low-level) System Hook dependency to support native Linux key events though, since it currently only supports Windows. This is what would take most of the time. Creating the libraries to apply the display settings in Linux wouldn't be too hard.
Great, perhaps all you need is calls to command line ddcutil and xrandr (etc)

That's one method of switching resolutions and display settings via cli.

If your code compiles under Linux when blanking-out your WIndows calls, then a Linux version might be easier than you expected.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

jon-mil-92

Post by jon-mil-92 » 29 May 2024, 09:02

Hello all!

I have updated the roadmap for the project on the GitHub and on the Display Hot Keys website. However, this update might take awhile because I am job searching at the moment. Once I secure a job as a software developer/ engineer, I'll be updating the project more regularly. Thank you everyone that has tried out my passion project! Hopefully you find the software useful! Stay tuned for more updates.
Creator / developer of Display Hot Keys: https://jon-mil-92.github.io/DisplayHotKeys/
Instantly apply display settings with user-defined hot keys!

jon-mil-92

Post by jon-mil-92 » 16 Jul 2024, 16:23

Hey all!

I'm just reporting in to let you know that I have finally secured a job in the industry as a software engineer. So, I will have a bit more time to work on this project now. I have begun the implementation for rotation support. Hopefully, I'll be able to get an update released this weekend for rotation support.
Creator / developer of Display Hot Keys: https://jon-mil-92.github.io/DisplayHotKeys/
Instantly apply display settings with user-defined hot keys!