LinusTechTips shoutout to a Blur Busters invention!

Many sites including LinusTechTips, RTINGS, TomsHardware, and others use the free Blur Busters pursuit camera invention. Now also available as a rail-less smartphone wave, too!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

LinusTechTips shoutout to a Blur Busters invention!

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 01 Aug 2019, 11:40

Check this video out -- LinusTechTips shoutout to one of my inventions that I released for free.

phpBB [video]

Jump to 1:25 in the video for a good shoutout.

For readers not familiar with our invention, see Pursuit Camera 101 as well as Reviewers Using Pursuit Camera. I have a peer reviewed conference paper along with NIST.gov, NOKIA and Keltek.

Basically, a pursuit camera (tracking camera) is a good stand-in for a moving eyeball (tracking eye), to more accurately photograph WYSIWYG display motion blur. My invention simply makes it possible to do this with a cheap camera, without spending a fortune on a motorized camera.

The temporal test pattern that I invented -- makes it possible to make a manually-propelled camera as accurate as a motorized camera, simply by allowing you to throw away bad photographs, until you got a perfectly-tracked photograph.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Zennon

Re: LinusTechTips shoutout to a Blur Busters invention!

Post by Zennon » 01 Aug 2019, 11:45

I saw the video yesterday, very cool that your invention was shown :D

Jason38

Post by Jason38 » 01 Aug 2019, 13:02

Super cool.

SunsetChaser

Post by SunsetChaser » 01 Aug 2019, 13:23

Congrats!

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 02 Aug 2019, 04:32

Nice! All should be using it by now ;) .

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Aug 2019, 17:43

Thanks!

Just posted an article that provides a simpler web page explanation of a pursuit camera:

LinusTechTips Uses Blur Busters Invention to Take Photos of Display Motion Blur

There are also new instructions to test it yourself with a hand-waved iPhone or Android!

Zero cost pursuit camera, without a rail -- a new option for hobbyists and forum members!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

saw141

Post by saw141 » 02 Aug 2019, 18:01

You deserve so much credit for your hard work, Mark. This is awesome.

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 03 Aug 2019, 10:14

Chief Blur Buster wrote:...
There are also new instructions to test it yourself with a hand-waved iPhone or Android!

Zero cost pursuit camera, without a rail -- a new option for hobbyists and forum members!
Oh! That's nice! I tried yesterday but with photos and got not too good result xD .

(Offtopic) By the way Chief Blur Buster, sent you a PM with something i think can be interesting but didn't want to post it here on the forums because it had a piracy ( :oops: ) website. Feel free to ignore it if you don't find it useful, but just wanted to be sure you read it ;) .