Looking for test performance feedback | Pursuit camera ghosting test on Eve Spectrum ES07D03

Many sites including LinusTechTips, RTINGS, TomsHardware, and others use the free Blur Busters pursuit camera invention. Now also available as a rail-less smartphone wave, too!
Javild

Looking for test performance feedback | Pursuit camera ghosting test on Eve Spectrum ES07D03

Post by Javild » 21 Aug 2021, 09:52

Hi! After Mark shared his guide over at eve.community, I decided to attempt to capture the performance of the Eve Spectrum ES07D03 with the BlurBuster's tuned strobing settings and without it to show the difference. I'd really appreciate it if I could get some feedback on these attempts to see if they're suitable to share or how I can improve and attempt it again.

Here's the video I recorded with my camera setup on a slider at the level of the screen. In this one, long pulse width strobing is enabled with response time overdrive set to "Normal" and low-latency mode turned on. I was able to get a few frames from this one that looked very clear and I believe had accurate tracking.
youtu be/64y-raJhIJM

For this next one, strobing is turned off, response time overdrive is set to "Normal", and low-latency mode is on. I wasn't able to get any individual frames from this one, as the video looks very blurry, no matter how I adjusted the camera.
youtu be/5bPnBY49jD0

Here are the images I was able to get from the first (strobing) video.

4K 144Hz Pursuit, Without Large-VT Tweaks
Strobing 1.png
Strobing 1.png (326.84 KiB) Viewed 11665 times
Strobing 2.png
Strobing 2.png (415.62 KiB) Viewed 11665 times
Strobing 3.png
Strobing 3.png (383.03 KiB) Viewed 11665 times
4K 100Hz Pursuit, Without Large-VT Tweaks
[EDIT: 4K 100Hz added below]
Last edited by Javild on 29 Aug 2021, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

Javild

Re: Looking for test performance feedback | Pursuit camera ghosting test on Eve Spectrum ES07D03

Post by Javild » 21 Aug 2021, 15:14

Sorry, I wasn't able to upload the videos directly because of their size, and I'm not able to embed any external videos in the post.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Looking for test performance feedback | Pursuit camera ghosting test on Eve Spectrum ES07D03

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 29 Aug 2021, 18:00

Javild wrote:
21 Aug 2021, 15:14
Sorry, I wasn't able to upload the videos directly because of their size, and I'm not able to embed any external videos in the post.
Hello Javid,

Only seeing thigs post now. Thanks for posting these!

These are very good first-attempt pursuits!

Can you please post YouTube links by deleting the https, deleting the www, and deleting all periods, such as "youtu be/asdfasdfasd"? New forum members (up to about a few posts) have link posting blocked until out of new forum member status.

You will want to improve the defocussing siutuation (camera focus) and non-display-blurring situation (camera vibrations), as follows:

Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Discorz
VIP Member

Post by Discorz » 05 Sep 2021, 05:22

Good attempt!
Iso and shutter speed look good. Maybe improve focus and lower the camera height or angle to align all 3 cyan rows to middle. You can also do a fullscreen crosstalk test.

Javild's video links from first comment:
1. https://youtu.be/64y-raJhIJM
2. https://youtu.be/5bPnBY49jD0
I'd recommend to add basic monitor settings to yt video description

Which one is 100Hz tho?
Compare UFOs | Do you use Blur Reduction? | Smooth Frog | Latency Split Test
Alienware AW2521H, Gigabyte M32Q, Asus VG279QM, Alienware AW2518HF, AOC C24G1, AOC G2790PX, Setup