Can "input lag/desync" eletrical issue come back in a new house?

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
chali89

Re: Can "input lag/desync" eletrical issue come back in a new house?

Post by chali89 » 05 Jan 2023, 10:25

I have exactly same crap since 2017 when I was living in England,then I move back to Czech republic rent house complete new Pc new laptop same crap, then I buy apartment did new electricity and like 2 days and come back again I spend so much time and money on it I just give up and yep same game R6 siege so I dont enjoy any game play because of this and my friend thing I am to old for this and bla bla them cant even imagine how dog shite this is.

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 30 Apr 2023, 10:51

F1zus wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 18:47
Iserverthefirelord wrote:
18 Oct 2022, 14:16
Oh, I see now. No, don't really remember that. I was just playing with friends one day, and next day got this shitty lag.
I've tried turning off everything & taking out all plugs, leaving only PC online. And shutting down everything in switch box, besides outlet for PC. Nada.
First, you need to understand whether the behavior of the mouse and computer changes day and night. Usually in the dead of night at 03.00 hours the mouse works much better than during the day.
Secondly, you need to connect a powerful mains device with a constant current consumption, such as an oven, hair dryer, iron, electric motor, to the outlet from the PC. The consumption of the device must be above 500 watts per hour. Turn on the maximum power on the device, wait 1-2 minutes, then start the computer and check the behavior of the mouse. Usually [electrical derived] input lag decreases immediately. The mouse becomes airy.
Thirdly, you need to conduct experiments with grounding. Grounding 50% solves the problem with bad electricity.
Thanks for the input.
I had some IRL issues, now it's all good. Wanted to start a new thread but found this one of mine, guess I'll just post here :D

Anyways, answering your post...
- it's the same at night, at day, early in the morning or at 23:00
- I tried 2000 watt electric kettle in the same outlet as PC, played few matches, no difference
- tried grounding rod in a previous place, it made things worse; here it's a new house with new wiring etc, I also have Schneider power strip with "grounding on" LED

All this makes me think it's NOT "emi/dirty electricity/desync" issue.

But at the same time my desktop/apps/explorer is sluggish, even typing down things is delayed slightly, no matter what tweaks I apply or what Windows i reinstall. Mouse is floaty a little bit, but I'm changing stuff constantly so it's back and forth, it's "acceptable" I'd say, still not perfect.

In games also it's really weird now, idk what changed but in single player and/or old games it's smooth (played dead island 1, skyrim 240 fps, bioshock infinite, grim dawn, a few more), but in online games like R6 Siege, Battlefield 1/5, Dota 2, MW19 (maybe I should try Valorant or Apex for instance) but it's all very choppy in these games, especially during gunfights or teamfights or any action happening, or even moving around. Feels and plays almost like the "old input lag".

Cyanide_

Post by Cyanide_ » 30 Apr 2023, 10:59

Some additions, leaving it all here in case it's helpful to anyone:

1) it varies on the game, even online ones feel different;
- in Dota 2 on start/laning phase it's kinda smooth, but in teamfights FPS is dropping from 233 to ~150 (or from 300+ to 170-230 if uncapped) and it's so choppy it's barely playable, there is some "laggy" stuff in the game (Spectre, MK ulti etc) but it's even less smooth than it should be;
- in Battlefield it's weird, tested BFV and in 3rd person view feels smooth, but as infantry (default FPS experience) it's horrible; BF1 is smoother but +- the same (3rd person is good, 1st person is choppy af); in BF4 (old, way less demanding game) it's a lot smoother in any scenario;
- (need some more testing) in PUBG in training field or whatever is that I had like 600 fps and it was ultra smooth, but in actual match it was terrible; in CS 1.6 it was the same, high fps really smooth; in R6 Siege shooting range is smoother than online match or PvE mode, no overheating, voltage drops, 1% 0.1% lows are acceptable (way above 100 fps) checked it 100 times;

2) bought a new m2 drive recently, after installing it things went back to normal for a week, then this "lag" gradually came back. Which makes basically zero sense since it's solely "gaming drive" not main OS drive. Or even less sense if it's not "emi issue";

3) I vaguely remember but I had an old ISP here in a new place, it was perfectly smooth for that time, but I switched to some better one (as I thought) and then this lag came back, not instantly but even ISP dude checked connection after installing everything and said "why is it loading so slow, your PC is good". It was 7-10 days after I moved out so maybe "lag" came back, or maybe it's ISP actually, given I'm having severe "lags" in online games but not in single player...?

It's even weirder than previous "desync/input lag" because that one was always present, in any game or on desktop, same chopiness, floaty mouse, ferrari peaking bad reg etc. Probably chasing another unicorn, or red herring, like Chief says, but who knows, I'm grateful for any insight.

Kiujind

Post by Kiujind » 18 Jan 2024, 04:05

wadge wrote:
07 Nov 2022, 09:52
texre wrote:
06 Nov 2022, 12:15
You guys gotta understand that it’s not just emi that affects game play. It’s everything to your settings in windows and in bios. To having perfect electricity. You need a perfect setup to enjoy gaming at a high level. Im off grid. No tweaks to windows or bios is the best. I can compete with people again since summer time. Im only back on the forums again cause I want to find a on grid fix
Im planning on testing off grid too with pure sinewave converter and 200ah Lifepo4 battery to trully verify if my desync/input lag is related to electricity.
But even then if its working, i calculate the run time on the battery will only be 2 hours or so then ill be looking like you for a fix that works "on grid"
Did you tested? Any results?