input lag gone for 2 weeks so far...

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
Mugabi

Re: input lag gone for 2 weeks so far...

Post by Mugabi » 29 Mar 2024, 09:59

cursed-gamer wrote: ↑
29 Mar 2024, 09:53
Mugabi wrote: ↑
29 Mar 2024, 09:35
29 Mar 2024, 08:09
26 Mar 2024, 14:06
Its true indeed, it does change something when it comes to mouse. I noticed before when i open windows, the mouse is super fast then when steam automatically opens, mouse speed changes. I have noticed when i disable and enable the notifications, something regarding mouse speed gets affected, the mouse cursor shifts/moves.
I think using this method + body affecting the game might fix lag completely. My body does affect the gameplay 1000% , its been 4 weeks now and its very real, ill record with a camera n show u guys.
https

Look at that
Yes it happens like this. Is this with notifications on or off? If u turn off does it still happen?
Happens with on and off
Hm we need to investigate this further. Try playing with steam settings and files to see if it makes a difference. I suspect the guy who get best results from here had an affect related to the thing we see in the video. I did notification thingy on/off and results varry, one game i played with 90% lag off but later i closed cs, opened again and it was like before. Idk how that happened. Mind u i implement the body affecting game thingy too and i see huge effect still. Ill record with camera. Btw did u disable notifications from steam app in desktop or from the website? Because there are more notifications there store . steampowered. com/account/. Try to also uninstall steam then reinstall from windows after u disable notifications

donktuman

Post by donktuman » 03 Apr 2024, 15:28

Does it still hold for you guys ? I tried all kinds of variables with this notification thing but nothing really holds up more than 10 minutes :D

kibii

Post by kibii » 07 Apr 2024, 17:13

donktuman wrote: ↑
03 Apr 2024, 15:28
Does it still hold for you guys ? I tried all kinds of variables with this notification thing but nothing really holds up more than 10 minutes :D
Wanted to give an update. My input lag and desync returned for about 4 days, however I was able to fix the desync part. I truly believe steam is the culprit to all of our issues.

I remember the exact moment the lag returned 4 days ago. I was messing around with notifications again. In steam client, I clicked "view notifications" then tried to delete all my recent new "item has been added to your inventory" notifications and also clicked "reset" when I was in that page. I know the reset button isn't supposed to do anything, I know it just unticks the filter to just tick inventory notifications. Still, it was almost instantaneous, like it flipped a switch the input lag returned. I am NEVER messing with steam notifications ever again.

Want to know what was strange? I have 3 pc's on my desk. 1 work, and 2 gaming pc (my brother uses the other one when he comes over). I felt mouse lag on all of them suddenly. wtf?

4 days of going insane, everything was so perfect for a month and the lag had returned :(

I have steam signed in on my 2nd gaming PC, my alternate account is installed there. So I tried the steam notification thing on my alternate account on my 2nd pc...I ticked then immediately unticked a non default notification setting as if to try to refresh something. Then I changed computer name, deleted steam, and did a ipconfig/release and renew to change the internal IP of the computer, in my mind I was thinking maybe steam network is targeting this PC on my network, let's try to get rid of it from steam's server's eyes. Then on my main pc, I did the same with my main account, tick and untick a non default notification setting.

Mouse lag improved on all my computers but it was still present, HOWEVER, the desync is gone and spray feels tight/counter strafes are working which is what I care about the most. Just a tiny bit of floatiness which I will take ANY DAY over desync/getting ferrari peaked and having 4 bullets into my body when all I see is enemy shoulder. I might reformat both gaming PCs sometime this week or next week to see if it gets rid of it.

I think having multiple steam accounts is the actual cause and not really the notifications. Like steam knows when you have multiple accounts and is affecting you some way because of it. I have like 3 smurf accounts which I would use to play with my different groups of friends that were in different rank ranges back in around 2015-2016. Perhaps this is related. Once I fix the mouse lag part I am considering deleting my alternate steam accounts or never logging into them ever again.

ImBIGJEFF

Post by ImBIGJEFF » 21 Apr 2024, 00:06

I only have one steam account and I have issues too.

Slender

Post by Slender » 22 Apr 2024, 03:27

same with clear os without steam install.

issawm

Post by issawm » 22 Apr 2024, 18:08

29 Mar 2024, 09:59
29 Mar 2024, 09:53
29 Mar 2024, 09:35
29 Mar 2024, 08:09

https

Look at that
Yes it happens like this. Is this with notifications on or off? If u turn off does it still happen?
Happens with on and off
Hm we need to investigate this further. Try playing with steam settings and files to see if it makes a difference. I suspect the guy who get best results from here had an affect related to the thing we see in the video. I did notification thingy on/off and results varry, one game i played with 90% lag off but later i closed cs, opened again and it was like before. Idk how that happened. Mind u i implement the body affecting game thingy too and i see huge effect still. Ill record with camera. Btw did u disable notifications from steam app in desktop or from the website? Because there are more notifications there store . steampowered. com/account/. Try to also uninstall steam then reinstall from windows after u disable notifications
its weird cause i have the same issue but it feels like how its supposed to when i toggle dpi for only a few seconds ONLY