strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
bwainzz
Posts: 17
Joined: 13 Mar 2024, 08:54

Re: strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Post by bwainzz » 20 May 2024, 07:24

my issue is exact like this

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sKrrPb_kJIs

and when you move the mouse faster, the screen's jelly sensation becomes even worse

Thatweirdinputlag
Posts: 322
Joined: 27 Aug 2021, 14:09

Re: strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 20 May 2024, 12:50

widow13 wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 07:08

I resolved 90% of it by switching my ethernet cables to standard UTP's instead of s/ftp.
I have tried seperate pcie network card and made 0 difference.
This is actually interesting, same for me! The higher the Catx Category that I test, with more shielding the worse the game becomes. I'm using Cat5e now. I tried looking for even lower ones but didn't find.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

Slender
Posts: 705
Joined: 25 Jan 2020, 17:55

Re: strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Post by Slender » 20 May 2024, 13:25

bwainzz wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 07:24
my issue is exact like this

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sKrrPb_kJIs

and when you move the mouse faster, the screen's jelly sensation becomes even worse
record in slow motion text like that
https://youtu.be/MYXa_Rgcnmo?si=Xa2n9gT9aCREJtcK

widow13
Posts: 123
Joined: 28 Jul 2023, 07:02

Re: strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Post by widow13 » 20 May 2024, 16:29

Thatweirdinputlag wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 12:50
widow13 wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 07:08

I resolved 90% of it by switching my ethernet cables to standard UTP's instead of s/ftp.
I have tried seperate pcie network card and made 0 difference.
This is actually interesting, same for me! The higher the Catx Category that I test, with more shielding the worse the game becomes. I'm using Cat5e now. I tried looking for even lower ones but didn't find.
Problem with s/ftp is, if you don't install it correctly it acts as antenna.
It requires grounding to work properly and also a high quality cable.

You just need a cat6 UTP 24AWG and if you can find one with pure copper.

bwainzz
Posts: 17
Joined: 13 Mar 2024, 08:54

Re: strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Post by bwainzz » 20 May 2024, 19:22

Slender wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 13:25
bwainzz wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 07:24
my issue is exact like this

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sKrrPb_kJIs

and when you move the mouse faster, the screen's jelly sensation becomes even worse
record in slow motion text like that
https://youtu.be/MYXa_Rgcnmo?si=Xa2n9gT9aCREJtcK
Same with me, in CS it's even worse, moving the mouse quickly to aim the pixels quickly is almost like a jelly screen

Thatweirdinputlag
Posts: 322
Joined: 27 Aug 2021, 14:09

Re: strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 21 May 2024, 20:17

widow13 wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 16:29
Thatweirdinputlag wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 12:50
widow13 wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 07:08

I resolved 90% of it by switching my ethernet cables to standard UTP's instead of s/ftp.
I have tried seperate pcie network card and made 0 difference.
This is actually interesting, same for me! The higher the Catx Category that I test, with more shielding the worse the game becomes. I'm using Cat5e now. I tried looking for even lower ones but didn't find.
Problem with s/ftp is, if you don't install it correctly it acts as antenna.
It requires grounding to work properly and also a high quality cable.

You just need a cat6 UTP 24AWG and if you can find one with pure copper.
If you look at the back of almost any modern motherboard, you'll see the I/O shield. This shield is actually grounded, and the grounded shield of the stp/ftp/sftp etc cable comes in contact with it when male and female RJ45's are hooked, thus grounding the shield of the cable too. Problem is, why on earth is it making things worse? specially desync, hitreg latency and sluggish movement in general.

More to that, I've already tried to ground the ethernet cable by hooking a crocodile clip and a ground wire wrapped around a case screw. Made sure that the crocodile clip is grounded by testing it with a multimeter. Nothing changed really!
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

widow13
Posts: 123
Joined: 28 Jul 2023, 07:02

Re: strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Post by widow13 » 22 May 2024, 05:53

Thatweirdinputlag wrote: ↑
21 May 2024, 20:17
widow13 wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 16:29
Thatweirdinputlag wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 12:50
widow13 wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 07:08

I resolved 90% of it by switching my ethernet cables to standard UTP's instead of s/ftp.
I have tried seperate pcie network card and made 0 difference.
This is actually interesting, same for me! The higher the Catx Category that I test, with more shielding the worse the game becomes. I'm using Cat5e now. I tried looking for even lower ones but didn't find.
Problem with s/ftp is, if you don't install it correctly it acts as antenna.
It requires grounding to work properly and also a high quality cable.

You just need a cat6 UTP 24AWG and if you can find one with pure copper.
If you look at the back of almost any modern motherboard, you'll see the I/O shield. This shield is actually grounded, and the grounded shield of the stp/ftp/sftp etc cable comes in contact with it when male and female RJ45's are hooked, thus grounding the shield of the cable too. Problem is, why on earth is it making things worse? specially desync, hitreg latency and sluggish movement in general.

More to that, I've already tried to ground the ethernet cable by hooking a crocodile clip and a ground wire wrapped around a case screw. Made sure that the crocodile clip is grounded by testing it with a multimeter. Nothing changed really!
I really don't know, all I know is after the PC was left without ethernet cable for 10 minutes it felt insanely smooth after re-plugging it back and playing a game.
That wasn't even the intention, I was switching cable to see if it was causing my discord issues.
Well it's not 100% fixed tbh, could just been a coincidence and pc happened to act better these days.
Will see when I get back in 10 days I will have a double conversion UPS and see if it fixes the rest of the issues.


f1ndus
Posts: 175
Joined: 30 Dec 2020, 10:38

Re: strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Post by f1ndus » 22 May 2024, 23:03

widow13 wrote: ↑
22 May 2024, 05:53
Thatweirdinputlag wrote: ↑
21 May 2024, 20:17
widow13 wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 16:29
Thatweirdinputlag wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 12:50


This is actually interesting, same for me! The higher the Catx Category that I test, with more shielding the worse the game becomes. I'm using Cat5e now. I tried looking for even lower ones but didn't find.
Problem with s/ftp is, if you don't install it correctly it acts as antenna.
It requires grounding to work properly and also a high quality cable.

You just need a cat6 UTP 24AWG and if you can find one with pure copper.
If you look at the back of almost any modern motherboard, you'll see the I/O shield. This shield is actually grounded, and the grounded shield of the stp/ftp/sftp etc cable comes in contact with it when male and female RJ45's are hooked, thus grounding the shield of the cable too. Problem is, why on earth is it making things worse? specially desync, hitreg latency and sluggish movement in general.

More to that, I've already tried to ground the ethernet cable by hooking a crocodile clip and a ground wire wrapped around a case screw. Made sure that the crocodile clip is grounded by testing it with a multimeter. Nothing changed really!
I really don't know, all I know is after the PC was left without ethernet cable for 10 minutes it felt insanely smooth after re-plugging it back and playing a game.
That wasn't even the intention, I was switching cable to see if it was causing my discord issues.
Well it's not 100% fixed tbh, could just been a coincidence and pc happened to act better these days.
Will see when I get back in 10 days I will have a double conversion UPS and see if it fixes the rest of the issues.

I am faceing input lag problem from 2016. Really i have already 3. Internet provider, every time other ethernet cables, routers, playing on WiFi Long time. It have nothing to do with internet or cables. Save your time with this theory.
Also UPS online do nothing to this problem, also every power helper what exist do nothing.dont buy nothing. Even 100 filter emi/rfi what I bought did nothing, maybe 5%better after filters

widow13
Posts: 123
Joined: 28 Jul 2023, 07:02

Re: strafe inaccuracy and cs2 issues with electricity

Post by widow13 » 23 May 2024, 11:06

f1ndus wrote: ↑
22 May 2024, 23:03
widow13 wrote: ↑
22 May 2024, 05:53
Thatweirdinputlag wrote: ↑
21 May 2024, 20:17
widow13 wrote: ↑
20 May 2024, 16:29


Problem with s/ftp is, if you don't install it correctly it acts as antenna.
It requires grounding to work properly and also a high quality cable.

You just need a cat6 UTP 24AWG and if you can find one with pure copper.
If you look at the back of almost any modern motherboard, you'll see the I/O shield. This shield is actually grounded, and the grounded shield of the stp/ftp/sftp etc cable comes in contact with it when male and female RJ45's are hooked, thus grounding the shield of the cable too. Problem is, why on earth is it making things worse? specially desync, hitreg latency and sluggish movement in general.

More to that, I've already tried to ground the ethernet cable by hooking a crocodile clip and a ground wire wrapped around a case screw. Made sure that the crocodile clip is grounded by testing it with a multimeter. Nothing changed really!
I really don't know, all I know is after the PC was left without ethernet cable for 10 minutes it felt insanely smooth after re-plugging it back and playing a game.
That wasn't even the intention, I was switching cable to see if it was causing my discord issues.
Well it's not 100% fixed tbh, could just been a coincidence and pc happened to act better these days.
Will see when I get back in 10 days I will have a double conversion UPS and see if it fixes the rest of the issues.

I am faceing input lag problem from 2016. Really i have already 3. Internet provider, every time other ethernet cables, routers, playing on WiFi Long time. It have nothing to do with internet or cables. Save your time with this theory.
Also UPS online do nothing to this problem, also every power helper what exist do nothing.dont buy nothing. Even 100 filter emi/rfi what I bought did nothing, maybe 5%better after filters
I've been having it for years too. 4-5 years.
This problem is not 100% the same for everyone and for sure won't have the same solution for everyone either.
I've read of people that fixed input lag issues with double conversion UPS (doesn't meant it's gonna help me too) but the quality of it might aswell play a big role.
UPS will be useful for the PC either way because the equipment is expensive so it's fine if it doesn't help, I'll keep it as extra protection or take it back and buy something else.
This is most likely my last resort either way, I'll probably stop trying if UPS doesn't help either.

Post Reply