Interesting thing I found out, might be placebo

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
bleya99

Interesting thing I found out, might be placebo

Post by bleya99 » 27 May 2024, 04:39

I am researching on Russlan videos, as this became a hobby of mine while im drinking coffee, and also they are the largest group which is complaining about the anomaly input lag.

Saw somewhere to put your phone below your monitor and play a video on Youtube with 20,000 hz sound (you can find one of 10 hours).

Personally, it made things a bit "slower", (while my mouse sensitivity increased just a bit) meaning that I have more time to react, while the hit reg increased, and everything works out smoothly, I am very happy with the state of my game.

Do we have an expert here that can either confirm or debunk this?

Unreazz

Re: Interesting thing I found out, might be placebo

Post by Unreazz » 27 May 2024, 17:53

Dude whaaat ? xd

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 27 May 2024, 20:27

Unreazz wrote:
27 May 2024, 17:53
Dude whaaat ? xd
Do you remember scene in Transformers where Decepticon hacked Air Force One? Our friends from Eastern Europe implemented this technology irl.

heavywe

Post by heavywe » 28 May 2024, 00:00

I tried it. First game, 27 kills including an ace. Pistol round first 2 bullets, 2 headshots in a row.

ImBIGJEFF

Post by ImBIGJEFF » 29 May 2024, 17:03

I'm confused what you did. Do you play with both your phone under your monitor and the 20,000Hz tone playing, or only with your phone under the monitor? I'm confused what the purpose of the tone is for. Do you hear changes in the tone when your phone is under the monitor?

And is this still working for you?

bleya99

Post by bleya99 » 03 Jun 2024, 22:06

ImBIGJEFF wrote:
29 May 2024, 17:03
I'm confused what you did. Do you play with both your phone under your monitor and the 20,000Hz tone playing, or only with your phone under the monitor? I'm confused what the purpose of the tone is for. Do you hear changes in the tone when your phone is under the monitor?

And is this still working for you?
I played with a 20,000Hz tone playing with a phone under my monitor.

My conclussion after a few days was that my mouse is smoother, although I'm not sure if I can say that it was more precise (purely based off feel), perhaps I need time to adjust. Either way, feel free to try it out, no hurt can come of it.