[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
nuggify

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by nuggify » 30 Oct 2020, 14:49

spkii wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 10:45
Tip: I tried with a NEW order Computer on a house near mine, like 5 minutes walking. Same problem with new computer in that house too...
Try a place far away if you can. Different power company ideally.

spkii

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by spkii » 30 Oct 2020, 20:30

Im going to try one that is far away from here, i will tell you guys.

delve

Post by delve » 03 Nov 2020, 08:12

how many have tried this emi line meter which OP is using? Were there any people with low readings but still clearly having electricity lag symptoms?

ffs_

Post by ffs_ » 04 Nov 2020, 01:19

delve wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 08:12
how many have tried this emi line meter which OP is using? Were there any people with low readings but still clearly having electricity lag symptoms?
Good question. I'm also curious.

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 04 Nov 2020, 12:29

First i admit i have not read the whole thread but i'd like to ask a few questions, mainly because of curiousity. Sorry if the questions are too dumb :D ;) .

- Do you have PCs cases with side panel (glass) windows? (maybe share your case model?)
- Have you tried cases with both metalic panels?
- If you have a glass side panel, could you try to cover it with tin foil and test?
- (not sure if this makes any sense but) Have you tried with the PSU outside of the case?
- Do you have Wi-Fi or something wireless (phone,...) close to the case?

With this i want to find out (not 100% sure what i really want xD =curiosity xD ) if there is something from the outside that can be blocked (or not) or is something from the inside.

Feel free to ignore if you already tried or do not want to; and good luck ;) .

nuggify

Post by nuggify » 04 Nov 2020, 19:38

delve wrote:
03 Nov 2020, 08:12
A good few of us have the line EMI meter, and no it does not reflect the issue. What the line EMI meter measures is differential mode noise (crude measurement at that) and I believe an Online UPS and conditioning would solve most differential mode noise problems.

rasmas wrote:
04 Nov 2020, 12:29
First i admit i have not read the whole thread but i'd like to ask a few questions, mainly because of curiousity. Sorry if the questions are too dumb :D ;) .

- Do you have PCs cases with side panel (glass) windows? (maybe share your case model?)
- Have you tried cases with both metalic panels?
- If you have a glass side panel, could you try to cover it with tin foil and test?
- (not sure if this makes any sense but) Have you tried with the PSU outside of the case?
- Do you have Wi-Fi or something wireless (phone,...) close to the case?

With this i want to find out (not 100% sure what i really want xD =curiosity xD ) if there is something from the outside that can be blocked (or not) or is something from the inside.

Feel free to ignore if you already tried or do not want to; and good luck ;) .
I have PC cases that are full metal. Yes we have tried PSU out of case. Moving wifi router away from the PC (having it in an entirely different room) does not fix the issue. I do not think our problem is strictly from radiated interference. That may however be a component of it.

rasmas

Post by rasmas » 05 Nov 2020, 09:49

nuggify wrote:
04 Nov 2020, 19:38
I have PC cases that are full metal. Yes we have tried PSU out of case. Moving wifi router away from the PC (having it in an entirely different room) does not fix the issue. I do not think our problem is strictly from radiated interference. That may however be a component of it.
I see, thanks for the answer ;) .

Although not related at all, i've changed a few Windows settings and my performance is better than before, so if you want to remove more things "interfering" performance for a better diagnostic maybe it could be helpful.

Anyway, hope you can find a fix (and you share :D ) ;) .

kryztripleb

Post by kryztripleb » 14 Nov 2020, 05:23

I've been having this same issue. I am getting these weird stutters in PUBG, Fortnite. and COD runs pretty well but it happens here and there, and some games have no stutters at all. It's not doing like a million stutters a second. It just happens very very frequently in games like pubg, and not as much in other games, but enough to be bad, and some have no stutters like i said earlier.

I've tried.
2 High End PC's , 1 Brand new. (Thought it was my PC first so I replaced Ram, SSD's.
2 PS4's at my house.
2 Different ISPs + Phone Data.

It's not the hardware 100%.

I also purchased a UPS. Turned everything off in my house and ran it on battery. The stutters still occurred.

I also purchased a furman power conditioner which is suppose to help for a day or 2, but it made NO difference for me.

That can only mean 1 thing, something is in the air for me thats affecting my systems.

I added some ferrites to my cables and it didn't help.

My desktop doesnt stutter or have weird lags, only when I open up a netflix video then my shit starts to stutter while playing this other game (OSRS). Then it goes fine.

I just bought a PS5, used the same cables as I did from the PS4 and its running well so far. No stutters no lags, but it could take time to kick in. This makes me think that its not my internet being affected from whatever is in the air at my house, or noise on the AC mains. Those same cables were used on my PS4 and it stutters in the same games as my PC.

If anyone has any advice, anything is appreciated or even ideas of what it could possible be. I think error correction is happening, but I don't know. It's just super weird. In PUBG it's bad bad, something it feels like the mouse cuts off too . I'll be looking left and the mouse stops and freezes. It's only in that game though. And i've tried with a wired and its the same thing. But it doesn't do that all the time, only very few times.

I believe error correction is causing my stutters and im assuming its from the EMI/RFI interference possibly in my house..

This has taken a major toll on me. Dealing with this is stressful af lol.

KingJosh2475

Post by KingJosh2475 » 19 Nov 2020, 04:29

Hey, so in this thread I saw something about "Power Transmission Pylons affecting Gaming Computers" and I just wanted to say can this be the problem for me? I linked a video below and in it I show power transmission pylons. At the end as well I show how close they are in proximity to my house, so I would love some feedback as to if this is my problem and if there is anything I can do to fix it? The electricity company come every 2-4 months as well and I think they go back there and fix some things, but whatever they fix doesn't seem to do anything for me, and I've had this problem for nearly a year now... Any feedback would be nice :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kVbZxr ... sp=sharing

P.S. If you listen closely you can hear static emitting off of the pylons so also let me know if that means anything?

P.S P.S. One more thing, when I listen to music, sometimes my airpods get staticy and disconnect from my phone for like a minute then come back to listening to music like nothing ever happened, so could this also be a result and my Emi/Fmi has gone airborne? Or am I just going crazy at this point...

Nawafwabs

Post by Nawafwabs » 26 Nov 2020, 21:35

After fixing my problems with Emi In 2020 Mar 24

My muscle memory improves a lot

And i moving forward in competitive rank mode

Im not great player but im trying

Rocket league :

Overwatch :