[Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Separate area for niche lag issues including unexpected causes and/or electromagnetic interference (ECC = retransmits = lag). Interference (EMI, EMF) of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction latencies like a bad modem connection. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI. Please read this before entering sub-forum.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT:
This subforum is for advanced users only. This separate area is for niche or unexpected lag issues such as electromagnetic interference (EMI, EMF, electrical, radiofrequency, etc). Interference of all kinds (wired, wireless, external, internal, environment, bad component) can cause error-correction (ECC) latencies like a bad modem connection, except internally in a circuit. ECC = retransmits = lag. Troubleshooting may require university degree. Your lag issue is likely not EMI.
🠚 You Must Read This First Before Submit Post or Submit Reply
alexander1986

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by alexander1986 » 28 Aug 2021, 15:42

hiro wrote:
28 Aug 2021, 09:43
Very bad news again power company come today again to test. Seems like the problem are the photovoltaics/solar panels in my street every house has one the harmonics are way over the limits. They call on monday what they can change probaly nothing.....
hm very interesting, thanks again for letting us know and please keep us updated !

btw did you have any pictures of the devices they used to measure or maybe picture of their report or something? would be cool to be able to show that to electrical provider in future if needed and so on..

let us know anyway how it goes next, good luck !

nick4567

Re: [Power/EMI] I discover why sometime PC become fast and low input lag and otherwise feel high input lag

Post by nick4567 » 28 Aug 2021, 17:17

Why not just rent a generator as an easy and cheap test to isolate from the mains

TeCkNiiQs

Post by TeCkNiiQs » 28 Aug 2021, 22:22

Most people I have read see a difference with emi/rfi filters. But why isn't there anything to make it 100 percent yet? Then we can all enjoy games again. There must be a frequency thats not being filtered by these filters that isn't being filtered.

dervu

Post by dervu » 29 Aug 2021, 04:43

It must be then something below 10kHz and above 3GHz, or maybe different kind of noise. Having filter with that range doesn't fix permanently.
Ryzen 7950X3D / MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio / ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS / 2x16GB DDR5@6000 G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279QM / Logitech G PRO X SUPERLIGHT / SkyPAD Glass 3.0 / Wooting 60HE / DT 700 PRO X || EMI Input lag issue survivor

nick4567

Post by nick4567 » 29 Aug 2021, 05:07

dervu wrote:
29 Aug 2021, 04:43
It must be then something below 10kHz and above 3GHz, or maybe different kind of noise. Having filter with that range doesn't fix permanently.
Most noise the ac has is in the 50 hz - 300 hz range not khz regular hz this video is pretty good to get an understanding of why filters dont do much https://youtu.be/6Xbc2-wrnBc

TeCkNiiQs

Post by TeCkNiiQs » 29 Aug 2021, 08:02

I agree there but they say that greenwave and stetzer filters, filter more than that style of filter aka noise harvester. Double conversion ups didnt fix the issue. I agree with being a bad ground. Bc I have took a USB ground before and it worked before for a little. But what doesn't make sense is if everything is grounded then whats the issue? And if everything is at code what makes it a bad ground? I have checked impedance to ground and its very low. I will tell you this though..... I do not beleive its a internet issue. But comcast had a problem with a ground in my old neighborhood and they fixed and worked awesome for a whole week. So I'm wondering if it's some kind of emi rfi going through power lines from cable company or something. Just a thought. I definitely believe its some kind of electric issue because my consoles and pc doesn't feel smooth even when when its just console and monitor only hooked up. Ive been dealing with this for six years and no fix. I seen people having the issue since 09. Maybe one day someone will find the culprit for all our issues with this.

Unreazz

Post by Unreazz » 29 Aug 2021, 10:11

There are informations arround that someone fixed this by connecting his PC to a fuel generator which creates own electric

f1ndus

Post by f1ndus » 29 Aug 2021, 13:28

yeah guys, someone tried crazy things. I did too.. I tried my 25meters long extension cord connected to my neighbor house, which is not old house with good electricity, yeah my pc build is working like this until now.. I can say its littlebit better and more stable, but problem is still there...

Thatweirdinputlag

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 31 Aug 2021, 00:55

Ohh man I'm happy that I found this forum!

I thought I was going crazy, all of the symptoms in here are exhibited in almost all of my games that I had to stop playing after I got my new rig. I thought I was the problem, mentally not being able to cope with a fast paced game, since changing ISP 3 times did not help and the symptoms kept coming back, and dumping around $1500 into new pieces for my rig did not help..

I was actually thinking about getting an expansive UPS just for my pc, after seeing how changing ISPs and rig components did not help at all, then it must be the electricity. Keep in mind I already paid close to $250 for an electric technician to come and convince me that I needed a proper grounding installation for my PC of which we had to build a new grounding line just for the socket that is connected to my PC. So now i'm definitely not getting that UPS, and I do advice the person who went a long way into checking where his grounding might be causing issues into "unless I understood differently" to stop burning money in that area. I'm your living proof that I single grounded socket properly grounded with a 4 feet copper rod probably 5-6 feet under dirt in my own backyard will not help. "It did make CSGO hella responsive with instant reactions and movement feel for about 6 days though, then everything went back to shit".

I'm not sure if I'm happy living with the fact that its not me or sad knowing that I either have to move out or i will be plagued with this for eternity. One thing i'm sure of is its more evident on the newest rig i've purchased than the one i've had from 2014. I was into fortnite when I purchased my new rig, and I immediately felt the unresponsiveness of the game to a devastating degree, I started dying left and right to every other player, my hitreg because insanely bad, movement is so heavy, and building is just was not close to keep me alive in high level lobbies.

I will contact the one person here who claims that he has fixed his issue, and it was emi noise. i'll have to get the same equipment he has to check first too.

And for the rest, please try not to get as indulged in this as I am, it is by far the unhealthiest addiction i've had in years. It might ruin your life, it certainly came close to ruining mine :).
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

TeCkNiiQs

Post by TeCkNiiQs » 31 Aug 2021, 04:09

Sounds just like my life for awhile now. Most people have moved 3 or 4 times some with no luck and some with help. I wish there was a way to fix it but unfortunately no one has a fix yet. Only like a 75% fix. I have to use emi/rfi filters but it barely does anything.